× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Unable to log into router G54/N150

aam2babies
Initiate

Unable to log into router G54/N150

I recently started having issues with my internet. First, my modem tx power was too high. Its been adjusted and it is still slightly too high, but we're working on it.  I am able to get online anyway. The second (unrelated?? but occured immediately after the first) issue is that I cannot log in to my router from 192.168.1.1 or routerlogin.net. I've also tried 192.168.0.1 and routerlogin.com.  I know my username/password to log in, I just can't get that far. Every time, I get the "site can't be reached/took too long to respond" message.  At this time, I am not able to directly connect to my router via ethernet (I don't have a laptop and the router is too far away from my PC).  
I am able to log into my modem and check signals/see the router MAC address from there.
I can also run "ipconfig/all" and see the gateway "192.168.1.1" there. But when I try to ping that IP address, it times out (as does 192.168.0.1):CMD IPCONFIG.png

How can I be online wirelessly, yet I cannot access my router?  Any ideas about this?
I'm also have trouble re-connecting some of the devices that went offline after the modem trouble, specifically my Playstation and my Amazon firestick. I was trying to access the router to troubleshoot this when I encountered the router login issue. And am now officially over my head. Help!

Thank you!!

Model: WNR1000v4|G54/N150 Wireless Router
Message 1 of 4

Accepted Solutions
ElaineM
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: Unable to log into router G54/N150

Welcome to the community, @aam2babies

I suggest that you factory reset the router.

Did you try to use DHCP on the computer? 

What's the IP address that the router will give to the computer? 

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 4

All Replies
ElaineM
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Welcome to the community, @aam2babies

I suggest that you factory reset the router.

Did you try to use DHCP on the computer? 

What's the IP address that the router will give to the computer? 

Message 2 of 4
aam2babies
Initiate

Yeah, I ended up doing the factory reset.
First, I actually pulled my router and modem and set them up from the active outlet outside, running the rg6 cable through the window so that I could reach my desktop with an Ethernet cable. I was able to get to the router login page that way, but my credentials didn't work anymore! I spoke with someone in cyber security, and he believes the router may have been hacked. Either way, I just went ahead and factory reset it.
I did not try the DHCP route from my computer, but I could see my computers IP address assigned by the router from the command window.
All in all, I learned a few things about security and my router settings.
Thanks for your input!
Message 3 of 4
ElaineM
NETGEAR Employee Retired

You're welcome. Glad that it has been sorted out. 

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7