Highlighted
Aspirant

Unable to login router with 192.168.1.1

Tried to connect an  new R7000 but it was defective I had to return it. I then reconnected my Netgear WNDR 3700. I can no longer get into the router by using 192.168.1.1. My browser indicates that it cannot reach the address. If I go to one of my other machines which connects wirelessly, I CAN enter the router with 192.168.1.1. So the attempted install of the R7000 changed something on my machine which connects to the router via ethernet. The machine is running Windows 10 Pro. There were no other changes made. Before I try another R7000 I would like to verify that I can get into this router with 192.168.1.1. Any ideas would be appreciated. Thanks.

Message 1 of 6
Highlighted
Aspirant

Re: Unable to login router with 192.168.1.1

I should add that I can successfully ping the router from my wired computer with 192.168.1.1.

Message 2 of 6
Highlighted
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi @crad,

Welcome to the community!

How was the network setup when you had the R7000 and WNDR3700? Have you tried checking the IP address of your computer? You will be able access the 192.168.1.1 if your computer has the same range of IP from the router. By the way, are you trying to access the admin page through wired or a wireless computer? If it's wireless, make sure that you are connected to the SSID broadcasted by the router. There shouldn't be any configurations that the router will do on the computer.

Let us know what happens.

Regards,

ElaineM
NETGEAR Community Team
Message 3 of 6
Highlighted
Aspirant

This is a wired connection. I have verified that my machines IP address is in the range of the router. As I stated in my earlier post, I am able to connect to the router via any of my wireless machines but not to the router with my machine which is connected via ethernet. Thank you for helpinb me with this problem. I thought my question had been ignored.

Message 4 of 6
Highlighted
NETGEAR Employee Retired

@crad Try to disable any firewall installed on the computer and see if you can access it. Also, try to use a different browser.

When you hardwired one of those wireless computers to the router, will get the same result or not?

Let us know what happens.

Regards,

ElaineM
NETGEAR Community Team
Message 5 of 6
Highlighted
Aspirant

How to Connect to a Router through 192.168.1.1?

You can type manually that http://192.168.1.1 -t the address into your browser in question manually, you can copy or you can log in by clicking on the button on our site. In the process, we faced the most users is to enter the wrong password errors. If you don’t know your username and password, you must follow our writing on ways you can learn from under website http://www.19216811.co/.

Message 6 of 6
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements