Unable to wirelessly connect to Hitachi 32' Smart TV

dannyodare
Aspirant

Unable to wirelessly connect to Hitachi 32' Smart TV

I recently purchased a Hitachi 32' Smart TV Combi (32JYJ46U) and already had a wireless Netgear N300 modem router - and purchased the 'dedicated' Veezy 200 dongle to give me connectivity.

When I plugged in the dongle to the TV, it immediately recognised my device/network ('Netgear 96') and indicated a strong signal. However, when I put in my password (for the network/device) and press 'OK' - nothing happens. In the TV manual it says I need to make my modem "SSID visible" - which I'm pretty sure it is. That is, in the device settings both 'this wireless network' and 'SSID broadcast' are enabled.

Any idea what the problem could be?

Thanks,
DANNY

Message 1 of 7
Retired_Member
Not applicable

Re: Unable to wirelessly connect to Hitachi 32' Smart TV

Password IS NOT same as passphrase so be sure you're entering correct one. Make sure the security you selected is compatible with dongle. Since your TV sees the network the SSID is being broadcasts.

Message 2 of 7
dannyodare
Aspirant

Hi,

Thanks for reply. What exactly do you mean by: " Make sure the security you selected is compatible with dongle"?

As far as I can make out, the password and the passphrase are the same thing on the Netgear N300 modem - but I could be wrong.

All the best,

DANNY

Message 3 of 7
Retired_Member
Not applicable

Password usually refers to router login Passphrase refers to WIFI security   now maybe older units call them the same thing which I can't remember.

not all security is compatible meaning WPA WPA2 and WEP so do your homework and look up the dongle manual to see what it says and then verify router is using a compatible security mode.

almost forgot try using no security to see if you can connect ....instructions for that process can be found in router manual WIFI setup too in case you're not familar.

Message 4 of 7
dannyodare
Aspirant

Hi,

Thanks for reply. Set up a Guest Network with no security - still no luck. Baffled.

Thanks,

DANNY

Message 5 of 7
dannyodare
Aspirant

Finally connected on the Guest Network! However, I still don't have internet connectivity - get the message: 'Error on page, no response'.

Any more thoughts?

Message 6 of 7
ElaineM
NETGEAR Employee Retired

@dannyodare How did you get it to connect? Can you verify from the TV settings if it's getting an IP address, Subnet mask, Default Gateway and DNS addresses?

ElaineM
NETGEAR Community Team
Message 7 of 7
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 6E