× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Using Access Points (APs) for Home WiFi - LIVE STREAM - 5/21 10AM PST

BretD
Admin

Using Access Points (APs) for Home WiFi - LIVE STREAM - 5/21 10AM PST

SMB_EVENT_APLIVE_2020-5-18_COMM(1).jpg

Looking to take your home WiFi network to the next level?

Crave more power, control, and productivity? In a recent twitter poll we learned that 10-15% of respondents use business-grade access points such as NETGEAR’s WAC540 4x4 Tri-Band access point in their homes instead of consumer WiFi routers or mesh systems. If you use AP in your home or you’re thinking about it, or if you just want to learn a thing or two about how WiFi APs work, we invite you to join our live stream event!

Join the APs for Home Live Stream

NETGEAR Business makes it easy to set up professional-grade WiFi Access Points in your home or small office. Join our NETGEAR @ Home live stream event Thursday, May 21st 10AM to learn more!

AP Discussion topics will include

Who uses and Who needs professional AP’s in their home?

What AP products does NETGEAR Business have?

How do you install an access point in a home network?

How do you use PoE switches to power an AP?

How do you remote manage an AP in your home with NETGEAR Insight?

Home AP use cases.

Bring your AP Questions

The business team will also be answering your questions in chat, Jump in the chat and ask your questions to get the fastest, most reliable, and secure network — whether you're working, playing, or streaming from home. Join our deploying Professional AP’s in a home (or small office) live event!

AP-wifi-for-home.pngWatch A replay of the AP's for Home event below.

Message 1 of 7
remiehondje
Initiate

Re: Using Access Points (APs) for Home WiFi - LIVE STREAM - 5/21 10AM PST

which routers wireless has facebook possibilities

Model: A7000|Nighthawk AC1900 WiFi USB Adapter - USB 3.0
Message 2 of 7
RapyD
Aspirant

As a novice, I wish there would've been some topographical diagrams included in the discussion.

I have the AC 1750 C6300 Wi-Fi cable modem router that I'm going to add the WAC505 AP to, heres' my question;

Can I add my N600 WN2500RP Wi-Fi range extender to this set up? for outdoor support?

If so, how?

Thanks

D

Message 3 of 7
olympos1625
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi remiehondje,

Good day!

Welcome to NETGEAR Community!

First of all, we do apologize for the inconvenience of not getting back to you immediately due to the back log in the system. Only the R6300v2 router is capable of this feature called Facebook WiFi. 

https://kb.netgear.com/24279/How-To-Configure-Facebook-Wi-Fi-On-Your-NETGEAR-Router

Please do not hesitate to let me know if you need further assistance. 

Regards,

Oliver
Community Team

Message 4 of 7
olympos1625
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi RapyD,

Good day!

Welcome to NETGEAR Community!

First of all, we do apologize for the inconvenience of not getting back to you immediately due to the back log in the system. You may add the WN2500RP in your network but this is not for outdoor usage. You may want to check our Orbi outdoor satellite and set it in extender mode.

https://www.netgear.com/orbi/rbs50y.aspx

https://kb.netgear.com/000060131/How-do-I-set-up-my-Orbi-Outdoor-Satellite-in-Extender-Mode

Please do not hesitate to let me know if you need further assistance. 

Regards,

Oliver
Community Team

Message 5 of 7
ROUTERS
Aspirant

Re: Using Access Points (APs) for Home WiFi

Thank you. I couldn't watch the video until the end. It will be a long little problem. Let's say I have 1 wifi modem and 3 wfi routers. If I use 3 different routers as a wifi range extender (repeater), I will get a good quality, stable and uninterrupted connection from the wifi that has been repeated 3 times. I tried this scenario by repeating the double, at least 2 times a day I have the problem of breaking and not being connected. 
Also, would too many wireless devices have a health problem?

i have 3 piece https://www.netgear.com/home/wifi/routers/r6080 

Message 6 of 7
schumaku
Guru

Re: Using Access Points (APs) for Home WiFi

@ROUTERS wrote:

Let's say I have 1 wifi modem and 3 wfi routers. If I use 3 different routers as a wifi range extender (repeater), I will get a good quality, stable and uninterrupted connection from the wifi that has been repeated 3 times.

No, not at all...

@ROUTERS wrote:

I tried this scenario by repeating the double, at least 2 times a day I have the problem of breaking and not being connected. 

...as you have already figured out. 

The thread is about using access points from the business/pro line - this implies that a wired and switched Ethernet infrastructure is in place, or will be established, ideally using PoE/PoE+ to match the power requirements.

@ROUTERS wrote:

Also, would too many wireless devices have a health problem? 

Who knows. Avoiding a wireless backhaul for repeaters - leaving alone the performance loss of your aged devices sharing the same radio for both - will allow to configure the access point distribution for much smaller areas, so called mini- or micro-cells where much lower power can be configured - so less emission, as only shorter distances have to be covered.

Message 7 of 7
Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 4 kudos
  • 6 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7