× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Using a WNR2000v3 as Access Point

GaACETech
Tutor

Using a WNR2000v3 as Access Point

Our office was moved and we are in need of a Access Point for our wireless devices (a few laptops and tablets).  We have a existing WNR2000v3 router but it has a repeating function but not a access point function (I know these are similar).

I looked at the Netgear site and I'm unable to find a document to setup the WNR2000v3 as a repeater or, better yet, as access point.  One of the threads here noted that not all routers are suited for being access points.   Could someone tell me if this is the case with this particular model?

The last model I used had a Access Point wizard that saw the base router and setup itself up as a AP.  Money is tight in the office.  Is there a better but budget minded model?

Thanks.

Message 1 of 2

Accepted Solutions
GaACETech
Tutor

Answer:

Had an identical WNR2000v3 in the office and noticed that it had a newer firmware revision and a AP mode check box (like the AC1200 models I last did).  

So, upgraded the firmware on the WNR2000v3 and under Advanced - Advanced Setup - Wireless AP there it is!

Starting this Monday off easy.   But it's not even 6am or the first cup of coffee....

Darryl

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 2

All Replies
GaACETech
Tutor

Answer:

Had an identical WNR2000v3 in the office and noticed that it had a newer firmware revision and a AP mode check box (like the AC1200 models I last did).  

So, upgraded the firmware on the WNR2000v3 and under Advanced - Advanced Setup - Wireless AP there it is!

Starting this Monday off easy.   But it's not even 6am or the first cup of coffee....

Darryl

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 1 kudo
  • 1 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7