• 7 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 6 in conversation
Announcements

Top Contributors
Highlighted

V1.0.0.48 drops signal every now and then

Hello!

I own a Netgear Router WNDR3800 with the Firmware V1.0.0.48 installed, and every now and then my wireless desktop in my other room loses signal to the router. I think the problem lies with the router because I have done some testing with my other wireless devices, and they too seem to be affected by this once in a while oddity. My "fix" to this problem is to just wait a few minutes, and wireless my PC's connect again.

Any information on my issue is greatly appreciated!

Thank you!

Message 1 of 8
Highlighted
Aspirant

Re: V1.0.0.48 drops signal every now and then

I have the same problem and would love to have an answer to this. I have two wireless cameras hooked to this router and I need to access them remotely. It will work for a day or two and the connection will drop again. Turn the router off, wait ten seconds, turn it on again and I'm all connected for another day.

I can't exactly turn the router off and on remotely, so how do I get it to stop dropping the connection?

I have it on its own channel, different from the other routers in the area, I've upgraded the wiring to cat6, and I have no other options left than to think this router is a piece of crap.

It also drops connected phones and tablets, resulting in them using broadband data which is costing me money and angry family members.

Any ideas?
Message 2 of 8
Highlighted
Novice

Hi,

I have the same problem as well.

I have a printer connected wirelessly as well as cell phones and tablets and every 2 days or so, I loose the 2.4Ghz wireless function entirely.
The router still reports it as active, but it is not working.

I have to reboot to fix which is very frustrating !
Message 3 of 8
Highlighted
Aspirant

I have the same problem. It is only wireless devices as well as the wired devices have internet access while the wireless ones don't. If I run troubleshooting on the wireless PC's it says "Default Gateway unreachable" It then refiles something and everything comes back. I can't do this same process on the iPad's or cell phones so for them I need to reboot the router. Is there a way to down date the firmware or something?
Message 4 of 8
Highlighted
Virtuoso

Go to support.netgear.com and search for the model of your router and you will see the available firmwares. Check the link below on how to upload the firmware.

http://kb.netgear.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/23960/related/1
Message 5 of 8
Highlighted
Aspirant

We all have the latest version. Which version should we downdate to?
Message 6 of 8
Virtuoso

Try each firmware from the latest to the released firmware and see which one works for your connection. Always reset the router after the update.
Message 7 of 8
Highlighted
Aspirant

Did this work for anyone and if so which firmware did you rollback to?
Message 8 of 8