Highlighted
Follower

VPN Issue

Just ran into a strange problem with the WNDR3700. I've had a WNDR3700 (firmware V1.0.16.98NA) at home for some time, and this is where my Windows 7 VPN server is located.

I've been able to set it up and login to it from my office which until recently had a Dell TrueMobile 2300 wireless router installed. The setup allowed me to successfully connect my MacBook Pro to the Windows 7 VPN at home... and then using the "Connect to Server..." option in the Finder to connect to the documents shared folder (using smb://192.168.###.###) to get to the computer.

But now, I just replaced the office router with a new WNDR3700v4 (firmware V1.0.1.32)... and while I can still get the VPN to successfully authenticate and connect from the MacBook Pro, I can no longer "Connect to Server..." to access the documents I need... making the VPN worthless for me. The VPN still does assign the IP address of the VPN network, but it doesn't allow it to access the other computers on that VPN network.

The only thing that's changed is the new WNDR3700v4 at work... so there must be a setting wrong... or the new v4 version doesn't work like the original edition does?

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance!
Message 1 of 3
Highlighted
Virtuoso

Re: VPN Issue

Probably some issues with VPN passthrough in the V4 router

contact support directly for trouble ticket at my.netgear.com
VPN Case Study

VPNCASESTUDY.COM

"Our Second To None VPN Related Setup Case Study[/COLOR][/URL]

"One Stop Solution To Your Netgear VPN Connectivity"

*Visit the site for Non-VPN related Doc & Links* [Windows & Mac user/support]

June Mizoguchi-
Message 2 of 3
Highlighted
Aspirant

Re: VPN Issue

Try to upgrade the firmware of your NETGEAR router. The latest version on the support site is 1.0.1.42. Check this link for the support page: http://support.netgear.com/product/WNDR3700v4
Message 3 of 3
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements