× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: WAC104 Can't reset after bridge mode

StVeronus
Aspirant

WAC104 Can't reset after bridge mode

I have a WAC104 that was in Bridge Mode.  I reset the primary router already (R6220).  This AP doesn't want to reset.  Every time I try, it goes back to broadcasting the bridged SSIDs.  So I can't get to the GUI and the reset button is no use. I have pushed the button for 10, 20, and 30 seconds.  I have tried pushing the button before applying power as well.  I have also tried to flash it with the nmrpflash tool, but it fails after uploading the firmware image.  It gets stuck at Received keep-alive request (45). And then doesn't go any further.  I have adjusted the -T option to 1800, but that doesn't help.  Any other tricks to get this AP back?

Model: WAC104|Dual Band 802.11ac 
Message 1 of 8
plemans
Guru

Try setting the R6220 back up how it was so the WAC104 can connect to it. Then you should be able to log into it and reset it via the menu

Message 2 of 8
StVeronus
Aspirant

Thanks Plemans.  I put the repeater's MAC into the router and saved it.  I'm able to connect to the network on the old SSID and password, but it is different than what is configured for the router now.  I can't seem to find the web interface for the repeater to connect and configure it.  It isn't responding on 192.168.0.100.  I tried to scan the network/dhcp logs for the MAC, but didn't see it.

Message 3 of 8
plemans
Guru

did you change the router's ip address? 

Check what the R6220's current ip address is. Your r6220 and the wac need to be in the same subnet 

Message 4 of 8
StVeronus
Aspirant

I did change the IP from when I had the repeater on the network originally.  Should I change the router's IP back to the old address?

Message 5 of 8
plemans
Guru

Yes, change it back to the one you had it one. the wac has to be in the same subnet as the router to access it

Message 6 of 8
StVeronus
Aspirant

I set the routers IP back to what it was.  How do I find the repeater's IP?  It still isn't showing in logs, arp table or IP Scan.

Message 7 of 8

@StVeronus wrote:

I set the routers IP back to what it was.  How do I find the repeater's IP?  It still isn't showing in logs, arp table or IP Scan.

You will usually see this in the router's table of Attached Devices.

Visit the support pages:

Support | NETGEAR

Feed in your model number and check the documentation for your hardware.

Check the section in the manual View Devices Currently on the Network.

Message 8 of 8
Discussion stats
  • 7 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7