× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

WAC124 AC2000 can't reset, LEDs blinking

Zaluker
Aspirant

WAC124 AC2000 can't reset, LEDs blinking

When I power-on the WAC124, after initial boot the power and USB LEDs blink alternately. You can't log in to the device or use it. I've tried holding down the reset button for ages, and also powering up while holding the reset button, but nothing happens, the two LEDs just keep blinking.

Is it dead?

Model: WAC124|AC2000 Dual Band 4x4
Message 1 of 5

Accepted Solutions
plemans
Guru

Re: WAC124 AC2000 can't reset, LEDs blinking

I think the WAC124 has a 3 year warranty from data of purchase. have you tried going to 

mynetgear at the top, registering an account and then device? it should tell you if you've still got the warranty on it (provided you bought it from an authorized seller and/or new)

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 5

All Replies
plemans
Guru

Not sure on the business class stuff but have you tried recoving it via tftp?

https://kb.netgear.com/000059634/How-to-upload-firmware-to-a-NETGEAR-router-using-Windows-TFTP

Message 2 of 5
Zaluker
Aspirant

Thanks.

Sadly, I can't even get an IP connection to the device, so I think it's a goner.

Message 3 of 5
plemans
Guru

I think the WAC124 has a 3 year warranty from data of purchase. have you tried going to 

mynetgear at the top, registering an account and then device? it should tell you if you've still got the warranty on it (provided you bought it from an authorized seller and/or new)

Message 4 of 5
Zaluker
Aspirant

Thanks, it is under warranty, should have checked that! I'll do a warranty claim.

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7