Re: WAC510 Firmware Upgrade 8.2.1.16

coljediv
Aspirant

WAC510 Firmware Upgrade 8.2.1.16

WAC510 Firmware Upgrade 8.2.1.16 has been wreaking havoc with my home network.  I have four WAC510 devices, all of which were recently updated to firmware release 8.2.1.16.  They are connected to a Nighthawk Router that has its wireless turned off.  Symptoms since the update include the following:

1. IOS devices showed the available SSIDs OK for connecting, but when chosen showed no internet connectivity.  This problem is erratic.  The available connectivity drops easily, although in the last 12 hours the "no internet connectivity" problem has not recurred.

2.  Sonos devices have struggled to connect, although they seem to be recovering.

3.  Denos HEOS devices are erratic in their connectivity.

4.  Belkin WEMO devices cannot connect at all.  This is more complicated than appears, because even before the upgrade the WEMO devices were not integrating well with other non-WEMO devices via the Samsung Smartthings hub.

5.  Some, but not all, the Google Home devices cannot connect.

6.  Nest thermostats look like they are operating OK at the thermostat interface, but they show offline on the Nest IOS app.

7.  Nest cameras have a harder time connecting to the network even when near the WAC510.

Well, there are others, but this list seems to be adequate for now.  Any thoughts?

I am in the process of factory resetting one of the WAC510 devices to see if that helps.

coljediv
Message 1 of 5
coljediv
Aspirant

Well, I factory reset all of the WAC510s.  Reestablished their name.  Nothing much else needed to be done except give a stronger administrative password.  Can't see much change.  Now my iPhone is back to having no internet connectivity if going through my WiFi network.  One Google Home device that wasn't connecting now is.  Very strange.

coljediv
Message 2 of 5
JEDIV
Guide

Update:  I removed power from all the WAC510s and turned back on the router wifi with one of the SSIDs that were used with the WACs.  Now wifi is working again.  So, there is something in my network that did not like the latest WAC510 firmware release.  There is something somewhere that is denying access to the internet when going through the APs.  I am not aware that I have changed any of the WAC510 settings, but where would I check for a setting that would cause lack of internet connectivity.  Keep in mind it is not always not working, just most of the time.  Once in a while, internet connectivity will briefly come back.

Message 3 of 5
Rahduh
Aspirant

I have something similar going on with my thermostats too. I had a Netgear nighthawk router that most of these were connecting to, but then replaced the router with a Netgear BR500 and also installed a WAC510. Ever since I have had issues with the thermostats showing online in the app. They show connected on the display, but it’s like they have no internet connection.
Message 4 of 5
Rahduh
Aspirant

Also, if I have my old Nighthawk router plugged in, the thermostats still connect and show available in the app...just not when going through the WAC510.
Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 6E