× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

WAC510 Reset Issue

1Columbus
Aspirant

WAC510 Reset Issue

Hi All,

I have a WAC510 access point I'm trying to login into to change settings. I can access the login page through a web browser using the IP address. Unfortunately, nobody at my company knows the password and the default password doesn't work. I created an user account throught the Insight app, setup a network location and tried adding this particular device to the location. However, I get an error that says: "(Device Name) Cannot be Added. (Device name) was previously added to a different account. To add the device to your account, reset the device to factory default, change its management mode to Insight , and add the device to Insight."

So it seems that all I would need to do is reset the router even though I don't have access to the online account that is currently managing the access point.

Problem is, page 196 of the WAC510 user guide seems to say if an access point is managed through the app or the cloud portal, it must be removed from the online account before the hard reset button on the router will work. 

I'm assuming I'm understanding the manual correctly. If I am correct, is there anyway other way to reset the access point without removing it from the online account that it is managed by?

I would have already gone ahead and hit the reset button but I don't want to mess up our WiFi if I don't know how to get it back up and running. I don't have a backup access point at the moment.

Thanks,

Model: WAC510 Insight Managed Access Point
Message 1 of 2
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: WAC510 Reset Issue

Netgear has set up a community forum specifically for the Business Wireless products. Most of the people who watch that forum are more likely to have experience with business wireless products and know how to work it better than those of us who follow this router forum. Might be more likely to find someone who has a solution if the question is posted there:
https://community.netgear.com/t5/Business-Wireless/bd-p/business-wireless-for-business

Please use this link to the main forum product list to review and choose where to make your posts. 
https://community.netgear.com/t5/NETGEAR-Forum/ct-p/en-netgear
Thank you.

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7