× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: WAC510 not re-assigning DHCP address

jamesbrownox
Tutor

WAC510 not re-assigning DHCP address

I have had an intermittent problem over the last few weeks since setting up my wifi network.  I have a BR200 Router and some WAC510 access points.  On a number of devices now, as I move between access points the device loses its assigned DHCP IP address and the system fails to reassign an address.  Going through both the Network settings and through cmd ipconfig to reset/renew an ip address does nothing.  Likewise with reboot etc.

The only way I have found around it is in the Windows network settings to radomise the hardware addresses.  I have also had to do the same on my iPhone.  This seems to cause the system to see it as a new device and re-assign an IP Address.

The logs from this morning when this just happended show the device connecting - "[MAC Address] wireless clinet connected" is all i get in the wifi logs and there is nothing in the Router logs

Thanks

James

Model: WAC510 Insight Managed Access Point
Message 1 of 4

Accepted Solutions
schumaku
Guru

Reads more like a BR200 router issue ... unless the (odd) dnsmasq on the WAC510 (in place to avoid DNS re-binding attacks plus some side features) does fall into the routers back...

Will request moving the post into the Business Wireless section.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 4

All Replies
schumaku
Guru

Reads more like a BR200 router issue ... unless the (odd) dnsmasq on the WAC510 (in place to avoid DNS re-binding attacks plus some side features) does fall into the routers back...

Will request moving the post into the Business Wireless section.

Message 2 of 4
schumaku
Guru

Oh did not wanted to force you into a solution. Or has the suspect BR200 DHCP issue no longer renewing the DHCP lease magically disappeared?
Message 3 of 4
jamesbrownox
Tutor

reposted in the right channel (business wifi) - could not see another way of closing down this thread.

Message 4 of 4
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7