WDNR4300 Shows no connections available yet is still working, on both wired and wireless connections

robdog1977
Aspirant

WDNR4300 Shows no connections available yet is still working, on both wired and wireless connections

Recently my Netgear WNDR4300 started giving me a "No connections available" error but yet both my wired and wireless connections are still working. I'm running the latest firmware and have made no changes to any of the router settings. It's not really effecting my network but it's just driving me crazy that it showing this error. I have it attached to a Spectrum cable modem and attached computers both wired and wireless, are running Windows 8.1. Router is using the latest firmware and had worked fine with that until just recently. Any suggestions?

Model: WNDR4300|N750 Wireless Dual Band Gigabit Router
Message 1 of 3
antinode
Guru

Re: WDNR4300 Shows no connections available yet is still working, on both wired and wireless connect

> Recently my Netgear WNDR4300 [...]

WNDR4300 or WNDR4300v2?  Firmware version?

> [...] Router is using the latest firmware [...]

As always, an actual version number would be more useful than your
opinion of what's "the latest" today.

> [...] a Spectrum cable modem [...]

Not a very detailed description of anything.

> [...] started giving me a "No connections available" error [...]

What, exactly, 'started giving [you] a "No connections available"
error'?  When you do what, exactly?

If this error message is coming from Windows, and the WNDR4300[vX]
seems to be working as expected, then perhaps you have a Windows problem
rather than a router problem.

Message 2 of 3
robdog1977
Aspirant

Re: WDNR4300 Shows no connections available yet is still working, on both wired and wireless connect

The Netgear WNDR4300|N750 router is running firmware version 1.0.2.104 and the Spectrum modem is a Hitron Technologies E31N2V1. All was running fine until one morning, after NO changes in the system, the network connection icon in the lower right corner of Windows 8.1 showed a yellow triangle, and when you hover your mouse over it it shows the error "Not connected - No connections are available". I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling the network card driver which didn't help at all. Everything seems to be working properly, I just can't get rid of the error message and triangle.

Model: WNDR4300|N750 Wireless Dual Band Gigabit Router
Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements