× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

WNDR 3400v2 Genie Utility software availability since it has been taken out of use?

putter63
Guide

WNDR 3400v2 Genie Utility software availability since it has been taken out of use?

I live in a rental house and the router is upstairs in someones else's apartment. My home PC crashed and I had to reinstall everything. I tried to reinstall the Genie utility but its no longer supported. Does anyone know if there is a way to find and reinstall this app/program?

Model: WNDR3400|N600 Wireless Dual Band Router
Message 1 of 9

Accepted Solutions
plemans
Guru

Re: WNDR 3400v2 Genie Utility software availability since it has been taken out of use?

If that took care of it, you can mark it solved so others aren't trying to "fix it" as well. 🙂

View solution in original post

Message 6 of 9

All Replies
plemans
Guru

Re: WNDR 3400v2 Genie Utility software availability since it has been taken out of use?

Do you need it? 

You can manage the router through its ip address

You can download it here under the OS of your operating system: 

genie | Product | Support | NETGEAR

Message 2 of 9
putter63
Guide

I used to know how to find the IP Address for my stuff but I can't remember. Can you walk me through please?
How do I access the router settings using the IP Address?
Thanks in advance!
Message 3 of 9
plemans
Guru

you can try and type routerlogin . net

or if you pull up a command prompt on your computer, you can type ipconfig

If you're not in a double nat, the default gateway will be the routers address. 

How to Find Your Router’s IP Address on Any Computer, Smartphone, or Tablet (howtogeek.com)

Message 4 of 9
putter63
Guide

Awesome. Got it. Thanks for your help!

Message 5 of 9
plemans
Guru

If that took care of it, you can mark it solved so others aren't trying to "fix it" as well. 🙂

Message 6 of 9
putter63
Guide

I've looked but can't find the button "Fixed" to click so that other members see that my issue has been resolved.
Can you help?
Message 7 of 9
putter63
Guide

Already done.
Message 8 of 9
putter63
Guide

Fixed. Thanks!
Message 9 of 9
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 8 replies
  • 4 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7