× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

WNDR 4300 media server is not available

ADerber
Aspirant

WNDR 4300 media server is not available

Hi.

I have configured media server on my WNDR 4300 and I have verified that the connected USB drive is "allowed" (extendent setting USB). However the DLNA clients can't connect to the system and it is not visible in the network.

I'd tried iPhone MoliPlayer, Windows 7 with VLC player, Windows 7 with media player, LG TV and Yamaha Receiver. The Windows 7 server is direct attached to the WNDR device.

\\Readyshare is working correctly.

I'd stopped access control and restarted it - no difference (still not visible).

I have verified that all devices are allowed to connect to the network (new devices allowed).

I have restarted the WNDR several times without any change.

I have no idea which setting might be the problem / reason for this behavior.

I have firmeware 1.0.2.80 which seems to be the latest.

Any idea?

Thanks.

Axel

Message 1 of 5

Accepted Solutions
ADerber
Aspirant

Re: WNDR 4300 media server is not available

Hi,

I had been able to delete the folder and change the permissions to rebuilt the DLNA DB. Now everything is working.

So I think this problem is solved.

Thanks

Axel

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 5

All Replies
ElaineM
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hello @ADerber,

Welcome to the community!

Are the folders inside the USB drive in read-write access and also it's not password protected. Check your folder properties to verify this settings.

Let us know what happens.

Regards,

Message 2 of 5
ADerber
Aspirant

Hi Elaine,

it seems I was not able to change permissions on subfolder .ReadyDLNA and so I always got the message when trying to restore media server DB: [2015/08/27 22:21:58] minidlna.c:1070: warn: Starting ReadyDLNA version 1.1.0.
[2015/08/27 22:21:58] minidlna.c:385: warn: Creating new database at /tmp/mnt/sda1/.ReadyDLNA/files.db
[2015/08/27 22:21:59] minidlna.c:396: fatal: Failed to clean old file cache!  Exiting...

I have a simple Windows 7 Home and when trying to reset the owner of the folder structure to set permissions or to simply delete the subfolders I got "Error resetting security details - access denied" (my private translation since I got a German GUI on my PC).

So it seems that due to missing permissions on this folder the DLNA DB can't be created and so nothing is shown in DLNA mode! Probably I'll connect the USB drive to another PC with more rights (enterprise windows 7 or so) to delete the folder.

Axel

Message 3 of 5
ADerber
Aspirant

Hi,

I had been able to delete the folder and change the permissions to rebuilt the DLNA DB. Now everything is working.

So I think this problem is solved.

Thanks

Axel

Message 4 of 5
ElaineM
NETGEAR Employee Retired

@ADerber That's good news and thank you for the update!

Regards,

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7