WNDR3400 and wireless internet

pegoto
Aspirant

WNDR3400 and wireless internet

Hi,

I have the above mentioned modem and what I am noticing is that the wireless internet will just come to a crawl. I use a speed test app on my iphone to verofu this and I see latency of about 250ms where normally it would be 40ms. The slowdown has been verified on two laptops, two iphones and an ipod.

To resolve this, I would either unplug the power to the router or log into the router and hit apply in the software that does sort of a soft reset and then things are back to normal.

There is not anything that we are doing when the slowdown occurs and it never gets better until a soft reset or power unplugging occurs.

This is the info of the router if needed. Please advise of what could be the problem, and this is a new router, about 1-2 months old and it has been doing this for about 2-3 weeks now.

Hardware Version WNDR3400
Firmware Version V1.0.0.38_16.0.48
GUI Language Version V1.0.0.38_2.1.9.1
Message 1 of 5
jmizoguchi
Virtuoso

Re: WNDR3400 and wireless internet

Check for channel interference issues
VPN Case Study

VPNCASESTUDY.COM

"Our Second To None VPN Related Setup Case Study[/COLOR][/URL]

"One Stop Solution To Your Netgear VPN Connectivity"

*Visit the site for Non-VPN related Doc & Links* [Windows & Mac user/support]

June Mizoguchi-
Message 2 of 5
pegoto
Aspirant

Okay, I will try that. I am using channel 11 but it could be that other people are also using channel 11.
Message 3 of 5
chetvolpe
Aspirant

give inSSIDer a try at http://www.metageek.net/products/inssider/ to see who in your area is on what channels... you can just select a channel that isn't being used by your neighbors.

Chet
Message 4 of 5
Joe_
Apprentice

chetvolpe wrote:
give inSSIDer a try at http://www.metageek.net/products/inssider/ to see who in your area is on what channels... you can just select a channel that isn't being used by your neighbors.

Chet

If on the 2.4 GHz band and in the USA, then choice is limited to 1, 6 or 11, since all channels overlap one or the other of these.
Message 5 of 5
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 6E