Re: WNDR3400 likes disconnecting devices one at a time

mclasser
Aspirant

WNDR3400 likes disconnecting devices one at a time

I've had a WNDR3400 since last July and lately it has started acting quite quirky. I upgraded to the .50 firmware when it first came out but experienced connection drops intermittently, so I reverted back to .34. Version .34 worked alright until the past few weeks. The router randomly has decided to disconnect one device from the network. My wireless N Xbox 360 never had a problem of losing connectivity but one day it just wouldn't connect to Xbox Live. I tried everything, then finally power cycled the router, and voila, it was back on again! A few days later, my laptop with wireless G experienced the same thing but again, a power cycle fixed it. Last night, my Roku box had the same thing happen to it, and you guessed it, a router power cycle fixed everything. I'm going to try a hard router reset and see if that fixes anything. But this random issue is annoying to say the least.
Message 1 of 5
sabretooth
Apprentice

Reload the .34 firmware again, hard reset the router and reconfigure it again.
Message 2 of 5
amccombs
Aspirant

I just bought mine and installed it Thursday. I am experiencing random disconnections from internet with Yahoo messenger and Xbox Live, that I had with the .34, so I upgraded to .50 and now it is worse as I cannot even connect to Xbox Live.

This is my first Netgear switch and I am not impressed.
Message 3 of 5
sabretooth
Apprentice

After the upgrade did you hard reset the router for 30 seconds, release, power cycle and reconfigure it from scratch?
Message 4 of 5
usernameandpass
Aspirant

This might be related, maybe not but on mine the last week or so, I've noticed that the wireless drops off to a random device and wont let it connect. Reset the router and you're right back up. Yesterday my phone dropped out, then my wife's phone dropped out, wireless was on and seen by both phones, but it would not connect to the router. My son was also experiencing problems with his XBox, so he came out and power cycled the router, then everything came back up.

With this and the port forwarding issue I'm experiencing, I'm about to bin this router and get a DLink. I've ad two of those and never had a problem one with either. I've had one other 2.4G belkin that ran great for the most part before it died. I am just not impressed with this new router.
Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements