Highlighted
Aspirant

WNDR3400 only accessible via iPhone

I reset my router to factory settings. Everything worked great. Set up the router thru my Gateway Vista Laptop. I ended up typing the password wrong so I couldn't get into it so I had to reset it again. Set the password again and all is well. Except for one thing: I cannot access the router via 192.168.1.1 via ANY browser on either of my two laptops, the Vista or my Acer Win7. . I thought maybe the old settings were conflicting with the new settings on the Gateway Vista but I JUST reformatted my Acer Win7 two days ago and I set up the router last week so it's the first time I'm trying to get into the router on this laptop and it just tries to load forever then I get

"Oops! Google Chrome could not connect to 192.168.1.1"

However, I connect on my iphone just fine. Name/Pass box pops up, put that in, and I'm in the router.

Can anyone explain this and how can I fix it? Thanks.
Message 1 of 10
Highlighted
Virtuoso

Re: WNDR3400 only accessible via iPhone

Try to use IE with compatible mode.

Chrome, Opera are two browser no recommended.

IE or firefox of two are choices but IE is first choice of all
VPN Case Study

VPNCASESTUDY.COM

"Our Second To None VPN Related Setup Case Study[/COLOR][/URL]

"One Stop Solution To Your Netgear VPN Connectivity"

*Visit the site for Non-VPN related Doc & Links* [Windows & Mac user/support]

June Mizoguchi-
Message 2 of 10
Highlighted
Aspirant

I can't get to it in Explorer either. I'm using IE9 in compatibility mode as IE8. (I checked the IE8 button under Developer tools).

I'd really love to use the readyshare but if I can't see the router, I can't get to a storage drive attached to it. :-/
Message 3 of 10
Highlighted
Aspirant

Just d/l and installed Safari and can't access it Safari either.

I'm going to reset the router again.
Message 4 of 10
Highlighted
Aspirant

Ok got somewhere. I cannot access the router via wireless on the Gateway Vista or Acer Win7, thru ANY browser (Chrome, Safari, IE nor FF). I CAN access via Chrome, IE, Safari AND FF while WIRED on the laptops.

Yet I can ONLY access the router via wireless on the iPhone.

So can anyone explain THAT? LOL.
Message 5 of 10
Highlighted
Virtuoso

Still should able to access both wireless and wired on any router is norm.

I would maybe try reflash the firmware with wired pc to the router and try if that helps
VPN Case Study

VPNCASESTUDY.COM

"Our Second To None VPN Related Setup Case Study[/COLOR][/URL]

"One Stop Solution To Your Netgear VPN Connectivity"

*Visit the site for Non-VPN related Doc & Links* [Windows & Mac user/support]

June Mizoguchi-
Message 6 of 10
Highlighted
Luminary

I know you said that you already reset the router twice, but try it again. If you didn't before, this time unplug the power and all cat cables to the router. Then press and hold the reset button underneath the router for at least 30 seconds to fully discharge the capacitors on the PCB.

Once that is completed, power up the router, wait for the power LED to show that the router is ready and then plug a single cat cable between the router and the laptop. Do not plug in anything else. With the wired connection to the laptop, log into the router with the default user name and password. Go to the wireless settings and make sure the wireless security settings are temporarily set to "None". Next. log out of the router using the "Logout" button in the GUI. Do not just close the browser or browser tab.

Next, disconnect the cat cable from the laptop, wait one minute and then try logging into the router with a wireless connection using the default user name and password. You might have to delete the wireless profile(s). If that works, problem solved and begin securing the router. Do not use saved configuration files. Start fresh, finish fresh.

If that doesn't work, then do what June suggested and reflash the same firmware back to the router with a wired connection. You may find the link in my signature useful as it describes one way to properly change firmware, even if that firmware happens to be the same version.

Good luck.
_____
WNDR3700v1 (v1.0.7.98NA) - Router uptime (d:h:m:s): 1155:02:31:46 - How To Check and Change Your Router's Firmware: http://forum1.netgear.com/showthread.php?t=63234
Message 7 of 10
Highlighted
Aspirant

Thanks Devor, I'll try that soon. I'll let u know what happens. Smiley Happy
Message 8 of 10
Highlighted
Aspirant

Well it's been almost two weeks and since my router seems to go out every now and again (wifi cycles on/off/on/off. I unplug it for a few minutes then plug it back in. Well I unplugged it yestreday and forgot about it for like a half hour. I just tried getting into my router on my Acer Windows 7 laptop via wifi and i was able to log in. (I've installed windows updates and restarted a few times since then too). so it works. for now. Smiley Happy
Message 9 of 10
Highlighted
Luminary

We'll keep our fingers crossed. Smiley Happy

Thanks for providing an update.
_____
WNDR3700v1 (v1.0.7.98NA) - Router uptime (d:h:m:s): 1155:02:31:46 - How To Check and Change Your Router's Firmware: http://forum1.netgear.com/showthread.php?t=63234
Message 10 of 10
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 9 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements