Highlighted
Aspirant

WNDR3400 shows wrong date

Hi --

I have a WNDR3400 (v1) and it is showing a date of January 1, 2003.

I have the option set to automatically adjust for DST and the time zone is set correctly to US Eastern. The time of day is not the big issue here.

How can I fix this? Will reverting to an older firmware help? I currently have V1.0.0.52_20.0.60 installed, which I believe is the latest for this version of the router.

When I bought this, it had a limited lifetime warranty. Will Netgear fix this for me?

TIA

Message 1 of 4
Highlighted
Prodigy

Re: WNDR3400 shows wrong date

When you say that the router is showing the January 1, 2003 date, in what location is it showing it?
Message 2 of 4
Highlighted
Aspirant

In the configuration wizard on the Content Filtering>Scheduling page. At the very bottom right now it says Wednesday, 01 Jan 2003 01:35:29. This is the only page in the configuration wizard that shows a date. And I can see no place to change that date. This is a big problem as all the folders in my USB drive attached to Readyshare have a 2003 date now. :eek: It is unacceptable. I have stopped backing up to this location and I need to fix the situation.
Message 3 of 4
Highlighted
Aspirant

I was able to fix the date. I did three things: 1) I reset the router using a pin stuck into the recessed hole on the back. 2) I toggled on the DST option. 3) I took it off of wireless access point mode and let it work just as a standard router from the modem. I am not too sure #3 was necessary to the fix in my case, but since I didn't need to use it as a WAP anymore, I simply left it in the standard mode.

I had tried toggling DST on and off many times before and it didn't fix the date. Only after resetting the modem did doing that fix things.

Maybe this might help some others who come across the same issue.

Apart from this date glitch, the WNDR3400 has been very solid for me since I got it many years ago. It's working 100% now. I'm happy.
Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements