Re: WNDR3400V2 Dropping Wired Connections

homchz
Aspirant

WNDR3400V2 Dropping Wired Connections

I am working off of an assumption but hoping people with more knowledge than I might be able to point me in a direction.

A customer of mine owns a laundromat. He uses Credit Card processing on his machines. Each machines has a Bluetooth transmitter that is received by one of two Bluetooth access point depending on which machine it is.

The Bluetooth access points are connected to a WNDR3400V2 which is then connected to an ISP's DLS Modem.

The Two access points are on straight DHCP ports while the stores security camera is port forwarded to a specific IP address.

My Bluetooth access points keep dropping out. The camera stays connected, and the ISP tells me they have not seen a signal loss at this location.

My issue appears to be between the NetGear and the Bluetooth access points. I am just wondering if anyone can think of any reason why the Net gear might be dropping the two wired DHCP connections but not the port forwarded connection?

Thanks,
Josh
Message 1 of 8
jmizoguchi
Virtuoso

both are running in 2.4Ghz , wireless and bluetooth.

You have some channel interference issues
VPN Case Study

VPNCASESTUDY.COM

"Our Second To None VPN Related Setup Case Study[/COLOR][/URL]

"One Stop Solution To Your Netgear VPN Connectivity"

*Visit the site for Non-VPN related Doc & Links* [Windows & Mac user/support]

June Mizoguchi-
Message 2 of 8
sabretooth
Apprentice

So, all bluetooth devices are within 20 feet of each other?
Message 3 of 8
homchz
Aspirant

jmizoguchi wrote:
both are running in 2.4Ghz , wireless and bluetooth.

You have some channel interference issues

Should I have them turn off the WIFI on this specific router and use another for customer WiFi Access??

20 miles away the same customer using the same Bluetooth equipment performing the same actions works and is working fine just. Two differences: ISP is differenet, and the ISP provided a Westell Modem/Router combo.
Message 4 of 8
homchz
Aspirant

sabretooth wrote:
So, all bluetooth devices are within 20 feet of each other?

Two receivers mounted on the wall. One receives all signals from Washers one for Dryers.

All machines have individual sending unit and are set up like a normal Laundromat Configuration.

The Bluetooth connection back to the receivers is working fine. It's just that the connection between the two receivers back to the Internet is dropping. I know the camera on the same Net Gear router has not gone down but the receivers have.
Message 5 of 8
jmizoguchi
Virtuoso

homchz wrote:
Should I have them turn off the WIFI on this specific router and use another for customer WiFi Access??

20 miles away the same customer using the same Bluetooth equipment performing the same actions works and is working fine just. Two differences: ISP is differenet, and the ISP provided a Westell Modem/Router combo.

Quickest way to find out is turn of the wifi and issues away.

Both runs on same 2.4Ghz so eliminating will be good way to find out and possible change channels on 3400 to see if that helps out.
VPN Case Study

VPNCASESTUDY.COM

June Mizoguchi-
Message 6 of 8
homchz
Aspirant

Does line of site effect these issues.

Right now the Wifi Router is pretty much inline with the Bluetooth Receivers, but about 7 feet behind it. So if you look to where the customers sit in the laundromat they would have to pass signal through (imaginary line) the Bluetooth receivers in order to talk to the Netgear.

Is this anymore likely to cause issues than if the two receivers were on different ends of the building??

Right now everything is working. I just think since it is temperamental that problems with arise again, and want to go in with multiple options. Turning off Wifi and channel changing is all possible. I am just wondering if it was best to relocate some pieces.

Thanks again,
Message 7 of 8
jmizoguchi
Virtuoso

it's conditional base issues. You have to continue to move thing around or look into channels for better behavior.
VPN Case Study

VPNCASESTUDY.COM

June Mizoguchi-
Message 8 of 8
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 7 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation