WNDR3400v2 Coexistence Option Missing?

arsing116
Aspirant

WNDR3400v2 Coexistence Option Missing?

Hello. I'm experiencing my down speed being about half of what its supposed to be which is 50-55Mbps. I can see a 55MB down speed with Ethernet but not the wireless. I have read the other threads on this issue and I found that the firmware version has the "Add 2.4g HT20/HT40 coexistence" option. One post said to untick this option in the advanced menu option ( Advanced--> Advanced Setup --> Wireless Settings) and the speeds should increase. On my computer, theres a box under " Enable Wireless Router Radio" but theres nothing inline with the box. Is this where the option is supposed to be? After updating, the firmware to WNDR3400v2-V1.0.0.34_1.0.52 I cant seem to find the option at all. I've spent many hours trying to get my true speed. I tried changing options, doing individual channel scans on 2.4ghz, multiple resets and nothing works. Can some help please? :confused:
Message 1 of 14
charm
Novice

Re: WNDR3400v2 Coexistence Option Missing?

HOW MANY DEVICES are connected to your wireless network?
it takes a valid connection to communicate
Message 2 of 14
arsing116
Aspirant

Just a laptop. I used to have more but its still doing to same thing with just the laptop being connected via wireless.
Message 3 of 14
charm
Novice

did you upgrade the version wirelessly?
Message 4 of 14
arsing116
Aspirant

I upgraded wirelessly by downloading the actual file then uploading it through the routerlogin.net site and I updated by just selecting the upgrade firmware option.
Message 5 of 14
charm
Novice

reasons why some options are no longer available after the upgrade is that curretn version no longer need those options set (autoset, that is), or some options was not porperly installed during the upgrade process because of interference while doing it wirelessly.

on the other hand, please do upgrade firmware "wired" to avoid unsuccessful firmware installation or worst, bricking the router.
Message 6 of 14
arsing116
Aspirant

ok, ill try to upgrade with the Ethernet cable plugged in and report back in a couple of minutes.
Message 7 of 14
arsing116
Aspirant

I updated the firmware with the Ethernet cable and reset factory settings afterwards. The tick box under "Enable Wireless Router Radio" in the advanced wireless settings menu still doesnt have any words next to it. There is just a random tick box. Looks like it didnt work.
Message 8 of 14
arsing116
Aspirant

Does anyone have an idea of how to fix this?
Message 9 of 14
memail72
Aspirant

I have the same issue slow wireless speed and Coexistence options does not exist or at least the text is not there and checking the box does not seem to change anything. I did the firmware upgrade via ethernet and have even tried loading an older firmware version nothing seems to help.
Message 10 of 14
arsing116
Aspirant

Yep, that is where i'm at. I've spent 2.5 more hours tonight trying to fix it. Today I did the "hard reset" options after reloading the latest firmware. The coexistence option still isn't there. I've noticed also sometimes that when the router brings up some confirmation prompts, there is no text in the dialog box. This is very weird.
Message 11 of 14
arsing116
Aspirant

Has anyone fixed this issue before? I still need some help :confused:
Message 12 of 14
aaron81182
Aspirant

Same problem, and Im using a wnda3100 v2 adapter 6 feet away. Connected at 300 mbps. Same issues, half speed wirless vs wired. No help at all. Customer service is a joke.
Message 13 of 14
arsing116
Aspirant

aaron81182 wrote:
Same problem, and Im using a wnda3100 v2 adapter 6 feet away. Connected at 300 mbps. Same issues, half speed wirless vs wired. No help at all. Customer service is a joke.

I just bought the upgraded version. I couldn't figure out the problem. The upgraded model worked just fine.
Message 14 of 14
Discussion stats
  • 13 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 6E