Re: WNDR3400v2 Router to Panasonic Viera TV

GeneL
Aspirant

WNDR3400v2 Router to Panasonic Viera TV

Can't connect my Panasonic Viera TC-P55VT30 to my Netgear router? The Panasonic LAN adaptor apparently "sees" my wireless network but after I select the network and enter the password, it won't connect. Prior to installing the Netgear router, I had a different router which did connect without any problems. (I switched from DSL to broadband cable, hence the change in routers.) Have tried resetting the TV, router, etc but nothing works. Any suggestions are appreciated.
Message 1 of 8
smlunatick
Aspirant

I had successfully connected my Panasonic Viera TV to my old 3700v1 router. I used a WNDA3100v2 adapter that Netgear stated that would work with Panasonic Viera TVs.

It seems that the TV would like the 5.0Ghz wireless network. You might want to try the WPS (Wireless Protected Setup???) button connection steps.
Message 2 of 8
GeneL
Aspirant

Thanks for your reply. I finally called Netgear support last night. I thought the problem was with the TV so I had delayed calling Netgear---wrong. The Netgear tech had me log into the router, http://routerlogin.com, and change the network name from Netgear89 to another name of my choice, change the channel to #11, mode to 54mbps, security to WEP, create a security key for the #1 slot and maybe some other changes which I can't remember. These changes solved the problem. Tech said the "frequency" needed to be changed and what we did accomplished that. If anyone else has this problem, suggest you contact the Tech via the phone and not e-mail chat--lots to do/change which is done easier over the phone. At the onset of phone call, the Tech knew exactly what the problem was and there was no backtracking on his part. Impressive.
Message 3 of 8
jmizoguchi
Virtuoso

WEP is hackable so try 54Mbps with WPA2 if you can setup.
VPN Case Study

VPNCASESTUDY.COM

"Our Second To None VPN Related Setup Case Study[/COLOR][/URL]

"One Stop Solution To Your Netgear VPN Connectivity"

*Visit the site for Non-VPN related Doc & Links* [Windows & Mac user/support]

June Mizoguchi-
Message 4 of 8
GeneL
Aspirant

Thanks. I'll try it and will let everyone know if it works.
Message 5 of 8
GeneL
Aspirant

After I attempted to switch from WEP to WPA2 security, I couldn't get the WPA2 security setting to work so I called NetGear support again. A different tech agreed that WEP was not appropriate. We did a router reset (hold a paper clip into the bottom hole in the back of the router for 30 seconds) and after the reset, everything (TV, Blu-ray, laptop) connected just fine with WPA2 (AES) security. Strange--I don't know why it didn't work when I first attempted to connect everything?
Message 6 of 8
jmizoguchi
Virtuoso

hard to tell but likely that setting was not properly saved
VPN Case Study

VPNCASESTUDY.COM

"Our Second To None VPN Related Setup Case Study[/COLOR][/URL]

"One Stop Solution To Your Netgear VPN Connectivity"

*Visit the site for Non-VPN related Doc & Links* [Windows & Mac user/support]

June Mizoguchi-
Message 7 of 8
smlunatick
Aspirant

Well, I can not state fore sure your onfigurations but I go my Viera with a WNDA3100v2 adapter to work with my old 3700v1 router on the 5.0Ghz network when using WPA2 with AES.

It could be a Panasonic adapter problem.
Message 8 of 8
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 7 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 6E