WNDR3400v2 Update and Dual Band

gkjr1
Aspirant

WNDR3400v2 Update and Dual Band

I'm using the WNDR3400v2 router and WNDA3100v2 adapter (N600 I believe it said on the box?).

First off, I feel kind of stupid asking, but in my wireless connections list with the netgear software, it used to say I was att 300mbs,300mbs, being connected with dual band, but now it doesnt let me know or say anything since I installed netgear genie. I was wondering if there was a way to actually see that I'm connected to both bands (I am connected to 5ghz but thats all I see).

Also, when I go in browser to my router settings, it tells me there is an update, but I click on it and it says I have the latest firmware version, V1.0.0.16_1.0.34.

Last, is high threshold good to have checked or not in settings? What does it actually do?

Sorry in advance if anyone has already asked these questions. I did a search and didn't notice anything.

Thanks.
Message 1 of 7
jmizoguchi
Virtuoso

Re: WNDR3400v2 Update and Dual Band

You will NOT able to use both band at same time..

That is not how 2.4Gh and 5Ghz works..
VPN Case Study

VPNCASESTUDY.COM

"Our Second To None VPN Related Setup Case Study[/COLOR][/URL]

"One Stop Solution To Your Netgear VPN Connectivity"

*Visit the site for Non-VPN related Doc & Links* [Windows & Mac user/support]

June Mizoguchi-
Message 2 of 7
gkjr1
Aspirant

Then what is the dual band both at once? I know it's not channels because I had that with a router that wouldn't do both bands at once, and this says clearly on the box it can broadcast and receive both bands at once.
Message 3 of 7
jmizoguchi
Virtuoso

Router will connecct both band in MIX mode

Computer can NOT use both band at same time
VPN Case Study

VPNCASESTUDY.COM

June Mizoguchi-
Message 4 of 7
Chindokae
Guide

jmizoguchi wrote:
You will NOT able to use both band at same time..

That is not how 2.4Gh and 5Ghz works..

Well, it's how mine works.

I have a WNDR3400 and I have two devices attached to each network right this minute.

I have two iPads on high band and two Droids on low band. I've been running it this way since I installed it and it has been working just fine.
Message 5 of 7
jmizoguchi
Virtuoso

that is how to suppose to be...
VPN Case Study

VPNCASESTUDY.COM

June Mizoguchi-
Message 6 of 7
MKeezy
Novice

I bought what I thought would be a really good router with a lot of great features, but after a couple of firmware updates and a switch to a new computer running Windows 7, it simply stopped working. I thought I knew a little something about computers and networking, but this issue had me stummped for a couple of years.. Netgears' support was not much help unless I paid them to help me fix it, so I just stock it in a closet for a couple of years after only being able to use is for about a year after I bought it. :mad:

I'm happy to tell you, I just got it working again through what could be considered a stroke of luck and a little effort spent researching similar issues.Smiley Happy Everything seemed to be functioning on the router, but just couldn't get it to stay connect to my cable modem; and shortly thereafter, my modem couldn't even recognize it as being connected to it. :confused:

The problem seemed to lie with the router's firmware. What I did recently was go to the Netgear support site and looked up my router (WNDR3300-100NAS). I also looked at the various firmware updates which had been released for it since I first purchased the router. There were a total of four firmware version releases. I downloaded all four of them, (WNDR3300_V1.0.26_1.0.26NA, WNDR3300_V1.0.27_1.0.27NA, WNDR3300_V1.0.29_1.0.29NA, and WNDR3300-V1.0.45_1.0.45NA), and saved them to my computer. Smiley Surprised

Next, I began to upgrade the router's firmware , re-installing them one at a time - layering them on occording to thier release date from the ealiest to the latest. The last particular update (WNDR3300-V1.0.45_1.0.45NA) was designed to address certain capatibilty issues this particular model has with Windows 7, since it was intially to be compatible with Windows Vista. The irronic thing is that our routers stopped working shorty after installing the WNDR3300_V1.0.29_1.0.29NA update. Many of us had already began to move to the Windows 7 platform shortly after the release of the WNDR3300_V1.0.29_1.0.29NA update.:rolleyes:

Nevertheless; that very same (WNDR3300-100NAS) NetGear RangeMax(TM) Dual Band Wireless-N Router that I thought to be junk is working great again now.Smiley Very Happy I'm very happy camper that I didn't just waste over a hundred dollars on it back when I initially bought it!Smiley Very Happy I really hope this fix also works for many of you who also may have.Smiley SurprisedSmiley Happy

Summary: Just manually download and reinstall "ALL Four" availible firmware updates for your (WNDR3300-100NAS) NetGear RangeMax(TM) Dual Band Wireless-N Router. You should begin with the earliest of the four (WNDR3300_V1.0.26_1.0.26NA), and layer them onto the router in consectutive order, until you end up with the most recent fireware version (WNDR3300-V1.0.45_1.0.45NA). Make sure that you also backup both your settings and your downloaded copies of the four firmware updates files. You should back them up and store them somewhere safe for future use.Smiley Wink
Message 7 of 7
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements