× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: WNDR3400v2 not coming back on

lakota
Aspirant

WNDR3400v2 not coming back on

I tried to hook up to a wireless printer using my WNDR3400v2 to my girls school computers at a foil and know their computer's don't even have my WNDR3400v2 router as an option on the wifi connection lost. I'm at a loss here as what to do..My girls have been out of school for two days now and i have spent hrs to get them back up on the net. Any help here would be greatly appreciated.

Message 1 of 8

Accepted Solutions
Babylon5
NETGEAR Employee Retired

From your description it seems that both the 5GHz and 2.4GHz bands have been disabled, try pressing the wireless on/off button at the rear of the router, give it a single press then wait a minute or two to see if anything changes. See the manual pages 11-13;

http://www.downloads.netgear.com/files/GDC/WNDR3400V2/WNDR3400v2_UM_23JAN2013.pdf

View solution in original post

Message 6 of 8

All Replies
Babylon5
NETGEAR Employee Retired

At the computers, when you scan or refresh the wireless network list does it not list the ‘3400 network? Are there other WiFi networks in the area that do show up? If not do you have a smartphone that you can put into ‘WiFi hotspot’ mode just to check that the PCs can see it?

Connecting the wireless printer (which model?) to your network should all be done at the printer end, pretty much like you do with a PC. The printer should list detected WiFi networks, you then select your own and provide the WiFi encryption key/passphrase.

Message 2 of 8
lakota
Aspirant

No, it does not appear in the list of wifi networks available and yes there are others available, just not mine. I am 7 foot away from the router and both the girls troubleshooter replies as error no longer in range of the previous networks set up. I live in a small town and ours is the only netgear router available usually, so it it easy to see it is  no longer  on the list of 7 to 10 routers available. Both the girls laptops are the same and both use windows 8. Yet, my PC is connected to the router directly so mine does not have a problem with it.

The printer is Cannon MX922 but getting the girls back on line is my first priority so i have copied your reply about the printer for another day. Thanks for your reply.

Message 3 of 8
Babylon5
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Are the two wireless LEDs on the router front panel lit (2.4GHz and 5GHz)? Also have you tried pressing the Wireless On/Off button on top of the router?

Message 4 of 8
lakota
Aspirant

Yes i have, and unplugging, waited and replugged from cables and ele., but from your statement,  i do see that there are two lights not lit any more; the long ones.

The top light is lit, the check-slash-G, the 2nd one is lit; the circled globe, the next two are not lit; long thin lights. then the numbers 1, 3 and 4 (my PC, and old PC and the roco box) are also lit and all working fine.

Message 5 of 8
Babylon5
NETGEAR Employee Retired

From your description it seems that both the 5GHz and 2.4GHz bands have been disabled, try pressing the wireless on/off button at the rear of the router, give it a single press then wait a minute or two to see if anything changes. See the manual pages 11-13;

http://www.downloads.netgear.com/files/GDC/WNDR3400V2/WNDR3400v2_UM_23JAN2013.pdf

Message 6 of 8
lakota
Aspirant

Thank you so much i did not even see that little button on the back, just kept resetting the big one over and over. Again thank you.

Message 7 of 8
Babylon5
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Well if you’re unfamiliar with these things then that’s quite understandable, all sorted now then.

Message 8 of 8
Discussion stats
  • 7 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7