Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Top Contributors
Highlighted
Aspirant

WNDR3400v3 – N600 Wireless Dual Band Router 1 of 3 signals is Insecure - How do I fix?

I have WNDR3400v3 – N600 Wireless Dual Band Router broadcasting two 2.5G and two 5G WiFi signals. I have been using Kaspersky Total Security for 10 months. Suddenly, 4 weeks ago, Kaspersky started reporting that 1 of the 2.5G signals is "Insecure". This is a system tray alert reported by 4 devices (not a browser alert window). I de-powered the router and modem. I have renamed all 4 WiFi signals and changes the passcodes/passwords for all 4 signals. The problem remains on that same one 2.5G signal. Kaspersky cannot find the issue. The ISP (Comcast Xfinity) tested and reports that signal to the router is secure... although they are not known to be entirely efficient when it comes to security.  Please Help

Model: WNDR3400v3|N600 Wireless Dual Band Router
Message 1 of 4
Highlighted
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: WNDR3400v3 – N600 Wireless Dual Band Router 1 of 3 signals is Insecure - How do I fix?

Welcome to the community, @MockingCrom

Can you post a screenshot?

What kind of wireless security is set on the router?

Do you have the latest update on your Kaspersky?

You may want to verify the report from Kaspersky since you have enabled password on the router. 

I do not see any reason why it would report such when you have enabled WPA2 type of encryption on the router unless it's an error on Kaspersky's software. 

ElaineM
NETGEAR Community Team
Message 2 of 4
Highlighted
Aspirant

Re: WNDR3400v3 – N600 Wireless Dual Band Router 1 of 3 signals is Insecure - How do I fix?

Screen Shot attached.

Yes, Kaspersky is updated immediately with every update.

Kaspersky has verified the report.

All 4 channels have the same protection.  No issues with any of the channels until 4 weeks ago. From that point forward Kaspersky  is only reporting this one channel as having an issue. 

Kasp3.png

Message 3 of 4
Highlighted
NETGEAR Employee Retired

What did Kaspersky reply on this matter? 

Where do you run Kaspersky? Is from a computer or phone? What's the operating system?

ElaineM
NETGEAR Community Team
Message 4 of 4