Highlighted
Aspirant

Re: WNDR3700 Attached Devices List Empty

Router works just fine for me, BUT here is my issue: The router (network domain) does not show up in the list of wireless network connections. It did before the firmware upgrade to latest, since upgrade to latest firmware, it no longer shows up in the list of connections.

Any help would be good, and need asap, I run a business from home and need to resolve this asap.
Message 51 of 54
Highlighted
Apprentice

Kraavchenko, your issue doesn't sound like the same as what's discussed on this thread. Rather than hijacking the thread, it would have been much better if you were to start a new thread.

That said, why did you upgrade the firmware? Were you having problems with the previous firmware? I wouldn't recommend upgrading if everything was working well before. If that's the case, you would be well advised to revert to the previous firmware.

Also, whenever you upgrade (if you absolutely must) you should reset to factory defaults and manually re-enter all your settings. Did you do that?

Lastly, there are 4 hardware versions of the WNDR3700. You didn't state which one you have. It's important to know because some firmware versions appear to have issues. You should look through the forum and read-up to see what others are saying about the firmware versions for your hardware version. That way you'd have a better idea of which firmware is the most stable.
Message 52 of 54
Highlighted
Novice

Resolved the empty Attached Devices list problem by downloading the latest firmware, V1.0.16.98NA. My router's automatic check for updates said I was current, but that was with the V1.0.08.98NA that others have referred to in this Forum. Making things even more of a challenge, telling the Netgear website to look for firmware for my WNDR3700 it couldn't even find the device. But when I used their "Drilldown" approach it worked. The downloaded file did need to be unzipped.
Message 53 of 54
Highlighted
Tutor

I confirm that the procedure of going to "LAN setup" then click "Apply" brings back the list of wireless attached devices.  That's with the latest firmware as of 2015-07-24.

Message 54 of 54
Discussion stats
Announcements