Reply

WNDR3700 can't select WEP in settings. It's diappeared!!!

airjuice
Follower

WNDR3700 can't select WEP in settings. It's diappeared!!!

Just yesterday my wireless internet connection just stopped working. So I went into the settings and it updated the firmware to the latest. I went into Wireless settings and WEP is no longer an option. It just disappeared! :eek: I reset the router hard and soft and still not showing up. Not sure what to do from here, help!!

Thanks!
Message 1 of 6
jmizoguchi
Virtuoso

Re: WNDR3700 can't select WEP in settings. It's diappeared!!!

WEP only supported with 2.4Gh/54Mbps settings in the router
VPN Case Study

VPNCASESTUDY.COM

"Our Second To None VPN Related Setup Case Study[/COLOR][/URL]

"One Stop Solution To Your Netgear VPN Connectivity"

*Visit the site for Non-VPN related Doc & Links* [Windows & Mac user/support]





June Mizoguchi-
Message 2 of 6
esman_poncho
Aspirant

Re: WNDR3700 can't select WEP in settings. It's diappeared!!!

Originally posted by jmizoguchi

P only supported with 2.4Gh/54Mbps settings in the router


This is by design to follow the WiFi requirement.
Message 3 of 6
fake
Aspirant

Re: WNDR3700 can't select WEP in settings. It's diappeared!!!

airjuice wrote:
Just yesterday my wireless internet connection just stopped working. So I went into the settings and it updated the firmware to the latest. I went into Wireless settings and WEP is no longer an option. It just disappeared! :eek: I reset the router hard and soft and still not showing up. Not sure what to do from here, help!!

Thanks!


change your mode to up to 54mbps and it will show the wep.:D
my signature..
Message 4 of 6
azshah
Aspirant

Re: WNDR3700 can't select WEP in settings. It's diappeared!!!

I wanted to set up WNDR3700 in WDS as a base station. and use wndr3300 as a repeater. Now I have sever limitations. Not only do I have to use a single channel in 2.4GHz (no auto channel). Now I am limited to 54MB throughput AND I can only use WEP.

Wonderful!!!!

Perhaps time to explore DD-WRT perhaps???

Any other suggestions?
Message 5 of 6
jmizoguchi
Virtuoso

Re: WNDR3700 can't select WEP in settings. It's diappeared!!!

azshah wrote:
I wanted to set up WNDR3700 in WDS as a base station. and use wndr3300 as a repeater. Now I have sever limitations. Not only do I have to use a single channel in 2.4GHz (no auto channel). Now I am limited to 54MB throughput AND I can only use WEP.

Wonderful!!!!

Perhaps time to explore DD-WRT perhaps???

Any other suggestions?


get extender wn200rpt, wn3000rp
VPN Case Study

VPNCASESTUDY.COM

"Our Second To None VPN Related Setup Case Study[/COLOR][/URL]

"One Stop Solution To Your Netgear VPN Connectivity"

*Visit the site for Non-VPN related Doc & Links* [Windows & Mac user/support]





June Mizoguchi-
Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 6921 views
  • 0 kudos
  • 5 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 6E