WNDR3700v1 Web Config and Region Issue

RKyle
Aspirant

WNDR3700v1 Web Config and Region Issue

Hi, first off I can't access the web config via routerlogin.net or 10.0.0.1 from wireless devices like I used to unless I enable remote management and access it but wired devices have no problems. I also can't change the region I'm in and in the status page it says I have it set to Europe, I'm not sure if this has anything to do with it but I would like to set it to the correct region. I have not tried reverting to factory settings yet and am hoping to work around doing so. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Netgear Device: WNDR3700v1 N600
Firmware Version: V1.0.16.98NA
Wireless Channel: 1 (1 P+5 S on status page)
Message 1 of 15
jlewter
Guide

Re: WNDR3700v1 Web Config and Region Issue

can you log in by typing www.routerlogin.net ?..
Message 2 of 15
jmizoguchi
Virtuoso

config via routerlogin.net or 10.0.0.1

10.x ip consider a conflict between WAN and LAN which makes netgear to change default IP from 192. to 10. ip. If you did not choose to use 10.x IP then suggest to fix the issues as well

see router setup on my sig below and re-setup the broadband and router is suggested

while this may not cause issues to access router gui but you should.
VPN Case Study

VPNCASESTUDY.COM

"Our Second To None VPN Related Setup Case Study[/COLOR][/URL]

"One Stop Solution To Your Netgear VPN Connectivity"

*Visit the site for Non-VPN related Doc & Links* [Windows & Mac user/support]

June Mizoguchi-
Message 3 of 15
RKyle
Aspirant

I just find it weird that it stopped working after I changed the channel from auto to 11, I figured changing the channel to auto again might help but offered no solution so I changed it to 1 because 1 was a clearer channel.
Message 4 of 15
RKyle
Aspirant

Also, 10.x is what is in my ipconfig. I do think it's weird that the device used a 10.x and just thought it was a Netgear thing, I'm used to working with Cisco based devices.
Message 5 of 15
jmizoguchi
Virtuoso

RKyle wrote:
Also, 10.x is what is in my ipconfig. I do think it's weird that the device used a 10.x and just thought it was a Netgear thing, I'm used to working with Cisco based devices.

you have doing double NAT. see router set on my sig below. it's explained
VPN Case Study

VPNCASESTUDY.COM

June Mizoguchi-
Message 6 of 15
jmizoguchi
Virtuoso

RKyle wrote:
I just find it weird that it stopped working after I changed the channel from auto to 11, I figured changing the channel to auto again might help but offered no solution so I changed it to 1 because 1 was a clearer channel.

I heard this symptoms before
VPN Case Study

VPNCASESTUDY.COM

June Mizoguchi-
Message 7 of 15
RKyle
Aspirant

jmizoguchi wrote:
I heard this symptoms before

It got weirder, in a last attempt I tried changing the channel then all my wireless settings went blank and it turned off wireless completely it wouldn't turn back on. Factory reset fixed it but I didn't like adding the 10+ devices back on the MAC filter list because it restarts the router after every device added which I think is a little stupid when they could just use a multiple device form but I'm getting off topic. Thanks for your help, it's much appreciated.
Message 8 of 15
sabretooth
Apprentice

Is there a reason you are using the MAC filter? It does nothing for security. Also you you backup you settings you can always restore them quickly.
Message 9 of 15
RKyle
Aspirant

sabretooth wrote:
Is there a reason you are using the MAC filter? It does nothing for security. Also you you backup you settings you can always restore them quickly.

It keeps people off my network even if someone knows the WPA passcode but it is good security when you have inexperienced people. I think I'm the only one in the neighborhood that knows how to spoof a MAC address. I lost the previous backup due to a bowl of cereal on my laptop but I have made multiple copies of this backup and hidden it on each computer on my network.
Message 10 of 15
sabretooth
Apprentice

Use WPA2-AES and nobody will every get on your network, period.
Message 11 of 15
RKyle
Aspirant

sabretooth wrote:
Use WPA2-AES and nobody will every get on your network, period.

I use that as well as the MAC address filter, and my room mates son tells everyone the WPA code as well as steals credit/debit cards and uses them on his PS3 to buy stuff. The MAC list helps me keep his PS3 offline so he can't buy anything.
Message 12 of 15
jlewter
Guide

Wow, we are getitng personal here ;P...

Perhaps you have the wrong idea of the kid, if someone was using stolen CC's on a service (even as bad as sonys) then they would soon get tracked down.

Anyone doing anything illegal on your connection can land you in hot water too. A second phone line with it's own internet connection (for roomie and in roomies name) probably wouldnt be a bad thing to think about at this point.

It sounds to me like the problems in the house are far worse than you not being able to access the web config and region settings ;P.
Message 13 of 15
RKyle
Aspirant

What I mean is he steals my CCs and uses them, not random peoples. I keep him off the internet to prevent stuff like that. :-P
Message 14 of 15
jmizoguchi
Virtuoso

sounds like you are on the right track using mac filter to control the device..Smiley Happy
VPN Case Study

VPNCASESTUDY.COM

June Mizoguchi-
Message 15 of 15
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 14 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 4 in conversation