Re: WNDR3700v4 as AP - user interface not reachable

svenmeier
Aspirant

WNDR3700v4 as AP - user interface not reachable

Hi all,

I'm using a WNDR3700v4 in "access point" mode, to connect my Wii U and other wired devices to my network. Everything works fine so far.

But every other day I can no longer reach the Netgear administration user interface. My main router lists the WNDR3700 as not connected.

The WNDR3700v4's wlan AP and gigabit switch are still working though: All connected devices (wireless or not) can access the network and internet.

Any thoughts on how to prevent this "hibernation"? Wake-on-lan has no effect on the router.

Many thanks
Sven
Message 1 of 6
jmizoguchi
Virtuoso

If using ap mode in the router it should have different IP then your primary.

Do you know the IP of the AP unit?
VPN Case Study

VPNCASESTUDY.COM

"Our Second To None VPN Related Setup Case Study[/COLOR][/URL]

"One Stop Solution To Your Netgear VPN Connectivity"

*Visit the site for Non-VPN related Doc & Links* [Windows & Mac user/support]

June Mizoguchi-
Message 2 of 6
svenmeier
Aspirant

Many thanks for your response.

I've checked to access the WNDR3700v4 by its IP ... and it works!

It seems my Fritzbox is just listing the AP as not connected. As soon as I access the WNDR3700v4, it's listed as connected again.

Sorry for the noise.

Sven
Message 3 of 6
jmizoguchi
Virtuoso

Sounds great !

Enjoy
VPN Case Study

VPNCASESTUDY.COM

"Our Second To None VPN Related Setup Case Study[/COLOR][/URL]

"One Stop Solution To Your Netgear VPN Connectivity"

*Visit the site for Non-VPN related Doc & Links* [Windows & Mac user/support]

June Mizoguchi-
Message 4 of 6
JahZito
Aspirant

Hey there,

youre thread could be helpful for me...

I have massive trouble with this Access Point setting...

First I thought its a Firmware Problem, so I updated the router to 1.0.2.80., but the problem is still there.

Fact is:

I have a Cable/DSL/Router from the provider with DHCP on. The Neatgear Router should assist my network in higher WLAN speed and GigaBit LAN-Ports. It is in factory setting, router has 192.168.1.1. and not connected to the "Provider-Router". If your reg is clean with Network-Profiles all is good and you can access the router. Now you can reach it with the "www.remotelogin.net" suffix. You can reach it in a browser with www.remotelogin.net, but somehow not with the IP directly. Somehow it seems to be, that you can reach it only if you dont have any networks listed, so to even access the Router with the "www.remotelogin.net" you first have to find out, that you have to delete the network profiles from the registry. I did "reset" my registry, i was ask about a new HomeGroup etc. and all was good. This is not funny at all, wtf is this?

Now, cause I have a Provider Router with protforwarding set etc, i want to use the Netgear Router only as an Access Point. And if you change the mode to AP, after you set all other parts, you're no longer be able to access the config of the router, neither with www.remotelogin.net, nor with the IP Adress. WTF is this? And the USB HDD i sno longer reachable in this readyshare function.

Did anyone understand my terrible german-english? Please don't say to me, that this router is crappy stuff.

Thx

JahZito

Message 5 of 6
ElaineM
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Welcome to the community, @JahZito

When you set the NETGEAR router as an AP mode, it's normal that you will no longer be able to access it through www.routerlogin.net nor its IP address together the USB Readyshare access.

Those are the limitations when you use the router in AP mode.

In order to access the admin page of the router, it's best to assign a static IP address on the router before setting is as an AP.

The IP address that you will need to assign should be the same IP address from the main router or the one provided to you by your ISP.

ElaineM
NETGEAR Community Team
Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements