Re: WNDR3700v4's firmware have conflict between "MAC filter" and "ReadySHARE Printer&

mebanna
Tutor

WNDR3700v4's firmware have conflict between "MAC filter" and "ReadySHARE Printer".

WNDR3700v4's firmware have conflict between "MAC filter" and "ReadySHARE Printer". I flashed WNDR3700v4's all version of firmware one by one, and the testing result is: - with Version 1.0.1.60 / 1.0.1.44 (For China and Russia Only), "ReadySHARE Printer" works fine, but "MAC filter" doen't work, - with Version 1.0.2.80 / 1.0.2.78 / 1.0.1.52 / 1.0.1.42 (All Regions Except China & Russia), "MAC filter" works fine, but "ReadySHARE Printer" doesn't work. To say more precisely, in these four versions, there isn't the option "ReadySHARE Printer" inside. So, how to make both of them work ? Best regards, Mebanna. Firmware Version 1.0.2.80 (All Regions Except China & Russia) Firmware Version 1.0.2.78 (All Regions Except China & Russia) Firmware Version 1.0.1.60 (For China and Russia Only) Firmware Version 1.0.1.52 (All Regions Except China & Russia) Firmware Version 1.0.1.44 (For China and Russia Only) Firmware Version 1.0.1.42 (All Regions Except China & Russia)
Message 1 of 7
mebanna
Tutor

Re: WNDR3700v4's firmware have conflict between "MAC filter" and "ReadySHARE Printer&

WNDR3700v4's firmware have conflict between "MAC filter" and "ReadySHARE Printer".

I flashed WNDR3700v4's all version of firmware one by one, and the testing result is:

- with Version 1.0.1.60 / 1.0.1.44 (For China and Russia Only), "ReadySHARE Printer" works fine, but "MAC filter" doen't work,

- with Version 1.0.2.80 / 1.0.2.78 / 1.0.1.52 / 1.0.1.42 (All Regions Except China & Russia), "MAC filter" works fine, but "ReadySHARE Printer" doesn't work. To say more precisely, in these four versions, there isn't the option "ReadySHARE Printer" inside.

So, how to make both of them work ?

Best regards,

Mebanna.

Firmware Version 1.0.2.80 (All Regions Except China & Russia)

Firmware Version 1.0.2.78 (All Regions Except China & Russia)

Firmware Version 1.0.1.60 (For China and Russia Only)

Firmware Version 1.0.1.52 (All Regions Except China & Russia)

Firmware Version 1.0.1.44 (For China and Russia Only)

Firmware Version 1.0.1.42 (All Regions Except China & Russia)

Message 2 of 7
ElaineM
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Welcome to the community, @mebanna

Thank you for this testing. I'll forward this to our engineering department for verification.

By the way, what's the model of the printer you're using?

When you say that "there isn't option "ReadySHARE Printer" inside", does this mean that it's not an option in the admin page of the router?

How is Mac filtering configured? Can you kindly post a screenshot?

Looking forward to your response.

ElaineM
NETGEAR Community Team
Message 3 of 7
mebanna
Tutor

Hi, ElaineM,

The printer is Canon PIXMA ip1188.

The option "ReadySHARE Printer" occurs in firmware Version 1.0.1.60 / 1.0.1.44 (For China and Russia Only) which the printer works fine. Meanwhile, the option doesn't occur in Version 1.0.2.80 / 1.0.2.78 / 1.0.1.52 / 1.0.1.42 (All Regions Except China & Russia) which the printer doesn't work. I mean, with these four firmware, the printer can't be found in "NETGEAR USB Control Center".

Here is some screenshot below.

01.png

02.png

03.pnghttp://imageshack.com

11.png

12.png

Best regards,

Mebanna.

Message 4 of 7
ElaineM
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Thank you for the screenshots.

Based from our engineering department, Worldwide FW does not support ReadyShare Print.

The China & Russia version didn’t follow that rule, cause during the product release they were separate from the worldwide product portfolio.

Hope this answers the question.

ElaineM
NETGEAR Community Team
Message 5 of 7
mebanna
Tutor

@ElaineM,

Thank you for the response.

From a view of customer, I don't care about how the product portfolio work out, I care about whether the product work or not.

I bought it in Chinese, and I choose it because it supports USB printer, and it offers MAC-filter which is a common function among WIFI routers today.

But the result is it can't have the two function work together, no matter which firmware version is flashed.

So, what I want to konw, is there any possibility to make the two function, ReadySharePrinter and MAC-filter, work together ?

Best regards,

Mebanna.

Message 6 of 7
ElaineM
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Will pass this along to our engineering and support department.

Also, let's use the latest firmware for your device which is fw version 1.0.1.60 and post a screenshot.

If both features are seen on the router then it should be working.

NETGEAR recommends that you must use the appropriate firmware available based from the region where it was purchased.

ElaineM
NETGEAR Community Team
Message 7 of 7
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements