× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

WNDR3700v5 Apple TimeMachine support

ferben
Follower

WNDR3700v5 Apple TimeMachine support

Hello,

acording to official user's manual for WNDR3700v5 (http://www.downloads.netgear.com/files/GDC/WNDR3700V5/WNDR3700v5_UM_12Jan2015.pdf – page 65) is possible  use this router for backing up via Apple Time Machine (via Apple Filling Protocol – AFP). So I've bought it, but unfortunatelly I cannot connect using afp://readyshare (even router has not opened port 548 which is necessary for AFP (tested via system Network Utility app – portscan).

I do all things which Netgear support advise me (re-flash firmware, hard reset, downgrade firmware)  but nothing help.

Finally I download available source code for WNDR3700v5 from official Netgear site, but there missing netatalk package for support AFP protocol!

So why Netgear lie in their documentation about support Apple Time Machine in this router?

Is possible enable AFP support in this router (unofficial firmware, compiling official FW from source code with AFP support – whatever)?

Thank your for any advice

Message 1 of 2

Accepted Solutions
ElaineM
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: WNDR3700v5 Apple TimeMachine support

Hi @ferben,

Welcome to the community!

I apologize but the Time Machine is not and will never be supported on WNDR3700v5. Netgear is currently working on the documentation posted on the site. I suggest that you get WNDR4300v2 instead. Again, I apologize for the inconvenience this has caused you.

Regards,

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 2

All Replies
ElaineM
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: WNDR3700v5 Apple TimeMachine support

Hi @ferben,

Welcome to the community!

I apologize but the Time Machine is not and will never be supported on WNDR3700v5. Netgear is currently working on the documentation posted on the site. I suggest that you get WNDR4300v2 instead. Again, I apologize for the inconvenience this has caused you.

Regards,

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7