WNDR3700v5 - Traffic Meter volume control limited to 999 Mbytes per month

Reepime
Aspirant

WNDR3700v5 - Traffic Meter volume control limited to 999 Mbytes per month

I've been wanting to monitor my usage to see if I could downgrade my service.  The "Internet Traffic Meter" volume control can be set to monthly, however the highest figure I can put in is 999 Mbytes.  This is an unrealistic figure for home internet traffic, especially considering there are 3 Roku boxes, 1 Desktop, and 3 laptops.  Is there any way to change the monthly limit of the volume control to recognize Gb traffic?

For the record, I have the latest firmware available.  It came preinstalled with it: V1.1.0.30_1.0.1

Message 1 of 7
netwrks
Master

Re: WNDR3700v5 - Traffic Meter volume control limited to 999 Mbytes per month

If it's 999, then that's as high as it goes. Not much to do really, other than check with your ISP on usage?

Message 2 of 7
Reepime
Aspirant

Didn't know if there was some sort of trick or setting that I was missing.  Additionally, the reporting shows greater than 999 MBytes, it's the metering and traffic controller that are limited.  These allow an internal cap be placed on the network to prevent you from exceeding your ISP's limit (preventing overage charges in some cases) or how many hours the internet is allowed to be used.

This post was not meant only as a request for help, but as a request for update.  It is highly unlikely (unless using a cellular carrier) that a data limit will be less than 1 GB.  This being the case, then routers should be set up to recognize a bandwidth limit of greater than 1 GB.  My ISP for example has a bandwidth limit of 750 GB.

Message 3 of 7
netwrks
Master

I think you have a better chance of seeing if your ISP provides usage stats, (web based via an account) than waiting for a frmware upgrade. 

Message 4 of 7
Reepime
Aspirant

Unfortunately, I have the kind of ISP who only provides usage stats when you call in, and even then you have to wait.  I asked for an activity report 3 months ago (and each month since) and they still haven't provided anything.  In my situation, it'd be faster (and cheaper) to set up a server to do the monitoring.

Message 5 of 7
netwrks
Master

Something other than your router would be a wise idea.

Message 6 of 7
Reepime
Aspirant

The router allows me to argue with my ISP cause their reporting tool reports the Download and Upload as a single number and they use that as their basis for throttling.  My ISP is corrupt though and has a lot of issues.  I wouldn't be surprised if they were shutdown soon by the government anyway.

Message 7 of 7
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements