WNDR3800, Genie and Homeplug issues

jlmacd
Aspirant

WNDR3800, Genie and Homeplug issues

Hi. Firstly, apologies if this is wrong place to post for this issue but am hoping somepone may be able to assist.
I have recently been having a nightmare with Homeplugs (Billion BiPac not Netgear) not detecting etc - all the usual stuff!
My router is WNDR3800 and have just installed the latest version of Netgear Genie (2.2.27.1) on main PC. I noticed there is now a new Network Map showing connected Powerline devices and associated info. Until now I have been using the Billion HomeplugAV utility to manage the homeplugs but it has been temperamental, to say the least. I tried to configure the five homeplugs on my home network using the Genie utilty but the same problems seem to occur (random non detection, renaming the devices but they keep resorting back to 'un-named')
Not wishing to waste people's time with a description of the entire painful process to date, I wondered if anyone could advise if it may be the case that having both utilities constantly scanning for attached homeplug devices is causing a conflict? If this is a likely case then which would be the more stable or suitable utility of the two to opt for? If the Billion was the better option then how to disable the Genie from scanning also - or does it really make any difference?
Any assistance would be most welcome as, to be honest, this 'Now you see it - now you don't' scenario has me at my wit's end!
Thanks in advance to any kind soul with some advice.
Message 1 of 2
jmizoguchi
Virtuoso

Re: WNDR3800, Genie and Homeplug issues

Firstly, apologies if this is wrong place to post for this issue but am hoping somepone may be able to assist.

Posted unde " WNDR3800 Discussion Forums "

You are in right place.

*use paragraph with space. user will no be interested

If two power line device can find each other will be it's issues and not router.
VPN Case Study

VPNCASESTUDY.COM

"Our Second To None VPN Related Setup Case Study[/COLOR][/URL]

"One Stop Solution To Your Netgear VPN Connectivity"

*Visit the site for Non-VPN related Doc & Links* [Windows & Mac user/support]

June Mizoguchi-
Message 2 of 2
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements