Highlighted
Novice

WNDR3800 Gone from netgear.com Product Screens

Anyone else find it odd that the WNDR3800 can no longer be found on any of the netgear.com product screens? Pretty disappointing for a product that is less than 1.5 years old.

I have had mine since October of 2011 and for the most part, have had very few issues with it. Just seems sad for all of us who stuck with it through some pretty bad firmware releases to see it quietly disappear.
Message 1 of 6
Highlighted
Virtuoso

Re: WNDR3800 Gone from netgear.com Product Screens

If unit is EOL.. it will list here netgear.com/eol

http://www.netgear.com/service-provider/products/routers-and-gateways/gigabit-ethernet-routers-gatew...

seems did not remove from service provider.

You can also ask support on your concern via portal at my.netgear.com
VPN Case Study

VPNCASESTUDY.COM

"Our Second To None VPN Related Setup Case Study[/COLOR][/URL]

"One Stop Solution To Your Netgear VPN Connectivity"

*Visit the site for Non-VPN related Doc & Links* [Windows & Mac user/support]

June Mizoguchi-
Message 2 of 6
Highlighted
Aspirant

higtone wrote:
Anyone else find it odd that the WNDR3800 can no longer be found on any of the netgear.com product screens? Pretty disappointing for a product that is less than 1.5 years old.

I have had mine since October of 2011 and for the most part, have had very few issues with it. Just seems sad for all of us who stuck with it through some pretty bad firmware releases to see it quietly disappear.

1.5 years in the tech world is like 15 years in most other most other consumer industries. I could careless whether or not they are still making the hardware. I just hope they finish the firmware.

I think they are really close with v.44. As far as I am concerned if they give us a configurable NAT Timeout and fix the port forwarding they broke is the last update I will be happy.
Message 3 of 6
Highlighted
Aspirant

I agree that 1.5 years is a LONG time for router lifespan, BUT the 3700 still shows up. Now THAT is odd.
Message 4 of 6
Highlighted
Luminary

Not really odd if the WNDR3700v4 was released after the WNDR3800v1.
_____
WNDR3700v1 (v1.0.7.98NA) - Router uptime (d:h:m:s): 1155:02:31:46 - How To Check and Change Your Router's Firmware: http://forum1.netgear.com/showthread.php?t=63234
Message 5 of 6
Highlighted
Novice

Agreed that 1.5 years is a long time in the tech world. As for the WNDR3700, version 3 hardware was released around the same time as the WNDR3800 and version 4 hardware was released less than 1 year ago. Seems more effort is being put into the 3700 and yes, the 3700 is still listed on the netgear.com product pages whereas the 3800 is not.
Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 5 in conversation
Announcements