× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

WNDR4300 - 400 Bad Request This server does not support the operation requested by your client

Jaesonk
Aspirant

WNDR4300 - 400 Bad Request This server does not support the operation requested by your client

Lately when using my NetGear WNDR4300 router, I get this error message when accessing various features in the NetGear Genie:

400 Bad Request

This server does not support the operation requested by your client.

For example, it reports this message when I first log into the router.

Jaesonk_0-1664340086896.png

If I go to the advanced tab and try to reboot the router, I will also get this message.  It occurs in wireless access control too when I try to add new devices.

I tried using latest versions for Firefox, Brave, Safari, Chrome, Edge and Opera browsers on my Mac.  All exhibit the same 400 Bad Request error in the same places.  It's become very frustrating.

I've been searching through other posts related to the 400 Bad Request problem, but haven't found a solution that works yet for me.

Message 1 of 3
Jaesonk
Aspirant

Re: WNDR4300 - 400 Bad Request This server does not support the operation requested by your client

My WNDR4300 router has the v1.0.2.104 firmware, which appears to be the latest available.  I downloaded that same revision from the netgear website, and tried to install it to see if it would resolve my 400 Bad Request problem.  After selecting the WNDR4300-V1.0.2.104.img file in Netgear Genie and starting the process, my AVAST anti-virus jumps in with this alert:

Jaesonk_0-1664340843892.png

Is this a legitimate infection, or is AVAST misinterpreting a normal firmware upgrade process?

Message 2 of 3

Re: WNDR4300 - 400 Bad Request This server does not support the operation requested by your client

@Jaesonk wrote:

Is this a legitimate infection, or is AVAST misinterpreting a normal firmware upgrade process?

As long as you have retrieved the file from the right place, it looks like a false alarm.

Visit the support pages:

Support | NETGEAR

That page will have any software, firmware and drivers for your device, if they exist.

WNDR4300 Firmware Version 1.0.2.104 | Answer | NETGEAR Support

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7