× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

WNDR4300 Attached devices

cwcarlson
Aspirant

WNDR4300 Attached devices

I'm very happy with the WNDR4300 (N750) router, especially after suffering through competitors' routers.

I'm curious about the Attached devices listing showing <unknown> for the IP address provided by the router.  I might expect that for the device name, but I would think the router would know what IP address it provided.

I found that one of the unknown IP addresses was actually a valid address provided to my Android phone.  I went ahead and set it to be a static address.  It still shows the device and IP as <unknown>, which surprises me.

I presume this is a bug.  Is it something that might be fixed?

Thanks,

Chris

Message 1 of 4

Accepted Solutions
ElaineM
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: WNDR4300 Attached devices

Welcome to the community, Chris!

It looks like a firmware problem.

Did you try to do a factory reset?

How about reflashing the firmware of the router?

If you have not updated the firmware yet, kindly do so and then reset the router.

However, if you have the latest firmware installed, reflash it by loading the latest firmware again and then reset.

After factory reset, reconfigure the router to get the connection back and see if it corrected the problem.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 4

All Replies
ElaineM
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Welcome to the community, Chris!

It looks like a firmware problem.

Did you try to do a factory reset?

How about reflashing the firmware of the router?

If you have not updated the firmware yet, kindly do so and then reset the router.

However, if you have the latest firmware installed, reflash it by loading the latest firmware again and then reset.

After factory reset, reconfigure the router to get the connection back and see if it corrected the problem.

Message 2 of 4
cwcarlson
Aspirant

The firmware was already up to date, but I re-installed it anyway.  Seems to have fixed it.  Thanks.

Message 3 of 4
Retired_Member
Not applicable

Don't be surprised if they show up unknown again, many of the NG routers have similar problems. Try using address reservations.

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7