× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

WNDR4300 Upstream Qos killing internet speed

jjmediaman
Aspirant

WNDR4300 Upstream Qos killing internet speed

WNDR4300 - Discovered that I was only getting 9Mbps downstream. Disabled Upstream QOS and it shot up to 50 Mbps. Is there a solution for this other than leaving it disabled? Is there a firmware or other solution?

Message 1 of 8

Accepted Solutions
ElaineM
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: WNDR4300 Upstream Qos killing internet speed

Hi @jjmediaman,

Welcome to the community!

Did you set some QoS rule? What was set on your Uplink Bandwidth? Have you tried setting a different value under the uplink bandwidth?

Try around 85% of your uplink bandwidth and see if it will make any difference.

Looking forward to your response.

Regards,

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 8

All Replies
ElaineM
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi @jjmediaman,

Welcome to the community!

Did you set some QoS rule? What was set on your Uplink Bandwidth? Have you tried setting a different value under the uplink bandwidth?

Try around 85% of your uplink bandwidth and see if it will make any difference.

Looking forward to your response.

Regards,

Message 2 of 8
jjmediaman
Aspirant

I turned it off.  Gaming seems to not be affected. 

Message 3 of 8
ElaineM
NETGEAR Employee Retired

@jjmediaman

Let us know if you need further help. 

Message 4 of 8
Seattle-Ron
Aspirant

How do you set rules?  From what I can see it's either on or off and those are the only two options.  I have the same problem with downloads and streaming. If I set QoS on the download it works great for streaming but completely shuts down the rest of my network on the 2.4GHz ban.  If I have QoS on I get about 100KB of download on my computer.  As soon as I turn QoS off I Immediately get between 70-80M so the QoS is great for streaming but kills everything else.  Like you said I would love to set something up for like 80% streaming and 20% something else. I don't see where you can do that and customer service says it can't be done. I find that hard to believe. 

Message 5 of 8
jjmediaman
Aspirant

I left "Enable Upstream QoS" off. Everything works fine. I don't need it for gaming. I use Xbox 360 all the time and have not had any problems with gaming. Like was mentioned earlier, did you experiment with different percentages of your max speed? What gaming are you attempting?

Message 6 of 8
Seattle-Ron
Aspirant

Yeah, I think I screwed this post up (you can see I'm a newbie )  Anyway, I think I'm under the wrong message board.  I have a nighthawks AC1900.  I am using the QoS for download to stream movies but it's the same concept as the upload for gaming.  I totally agree with you that I need to adjust the percentage but that's my issue.  With the nighthawk 1900 I don't see where you can do that, it's either on or off and that's it.  And when it's on the streaming is great but the rest of my network us totally un-usable. 

Anyway, thanks for replying and sorry I dont' know what i'm doing yet on the message boards. 

Message 7 of 8
ElaineM
NETGEAR Employee Retired

@Seattle-Ron You can post your question/s under Nighthawk board.

Message 8 of 8
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 7 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7