× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

WNDR4300 blinking/flashing power led after long reset

Snu92
Aspirant

WNDR4300 blinking/flashing power led after long reset

I just tried to do a factory reset to a WNDR4300, but I pressed for a long time the reset button, like for 15 seconds; until the power led started flashing really fast, and it is the only led that is actually working..

Thanks in advance

Model: WNDR4300|N750 Wireless Dual Band Gigabit Router
Message 1 of 4

Accepted Solutions
Snu92
Aspirant

Re: WNDR4300 blinking/flashing power led after long reset

Thank you for answering... I connected the router to a pc with ethernet port and it didn't turn on, either the port of the pc or the port in the router. So I asked myself, if the router is completly dead then. And as a final approach I changed the DC adaptor, and the power led light stayed amber.... I did the factory reset again and that was the problem, a bad dc adapter 

I hope this could help others.

Regards

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 4

All Replies
Snu92
Aspirant

I tried to factory reset again, the router stays the same (Blinking yellow and amber at the same time the power led).... I cant connect my pc via ethernet because It doesn't have ethernet or lan port...

Model: WNDR4300|N750 Wireless Dual Band Gigabit Router
Message 2 of 4
plemans
Guru

You could try reloading the firmware via tftp. I'll link to the procedure. You will need an ethernet port to do so. If you don't have a pc/laptop with an ethernet port, you can buy a usb to ethernet adapter.  There's a bunch for reasonable price on online retailers.

https://kb.netgear.com/000059634/How-to-upload-firmware-to-a-NETGEAR-router-using-Windows-TFTP

Message 3 of 4
Snu92
Aspirant

Thank you for answering... I connected the router to a pc with ethernet port and it didn't turn on, either the port of the pc or the port in the router. So I asked myself, if the router is completly dead then. And as a final approach I changed the DC adaptor, and the power led light stayed amber.... I did the factory reset again and that was the problem, a bad dc adapter 

I hope this could help others.

Regards

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7