× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

WNDR4300V2 Genie Basic page not showing any windows

desertdad
Aspirant

WNDR4300V2 Genie Basic page not showing any windows

XFINITY service, Netgear CM500V personal cable modem, WNDR4300V2 router. I'm replacing a Netgear AC1600 R6260 router with the WNDR4300V2 router. The R6260 had a LAN port go bad. The WNDR4300V2 was the previous router and worked with the same CM500V modem. XFINITY diagnostics say NTF.

The good news: Individual devices all working, have internet connection, acceptable speed. No apparent problems indicated by the router LEDs. I can log in to the router with 192.168.1.1. Indiviual devices getting assigned IP addresses OK. Speed tests looking good. Wireless devices are connecting as expected. If I didn't know any better I would think things are just rolling along.

The puzzle[s]: Router based Genie, BASIC, has no pages showing on the right side of the page. There is a text based list on the left side of the  page. I am at firmware V1.0.0.58 which is the latest version.

If I select ADVANCED, the four default windows show up with the Router Information mini-window showing a 'REBOOT' button.

The Router Information LAN port MAC address is correct, DHCP server is ON, and the IP address of the LAN port is 192.168.1.1.

The Router MAC address is using my local computer address and that is correct for my primary Windows desktop.

The MTU block is empty.

I have no Static Routes.

I tried the DHCP Release/Renew and that didn't fix anything.

How do I get Genie back to the point it is working as advertised?

I suspect it has something to do with the MAC address change facing the the cable modem from a different router, but I really don't have a clue.

Message 1 of 4

Accepted Solutions
desertdad
Aspirant

Re: WNDR4300V2 Genie Basic page not showing any windows

If I hadn't been switching routers I'm not sure I would have seen this symptom. I have had five or six Netgear routers in the past and always got to the login page by entering 192.168.1.1 directly into the Chrome Search bar and it always worked OK. The new [to me] specifics are that if I enter 192.168.1.1 directly in to the Search bar, I get to the login page and get presented with the Netgear home page, I do not get the windows on the right side of the BASIC page. There are other page display problems, but that is probably the most startling. It happens even if I use http://192.168.1.1.

If I enter www.routerlogin.net in the Search window, I get to what appears to be the same login page and then get presented with a BASIC page with all the small windows on the right side of the page. The other display problems go away as well [BTU size, etc].

I am on a Windows 8.1[64 bit] desktop. I am using Chrome 80.0.3987.122 [64 bit].

Maybe everybody else has experienced this but it was a new one to me.

I really don't care about the REBOOT button, since I never boot my routers from there anyway. My memory is probably playing tricks on me since I do not remember seeing it before.

View solution in original post

Model: WNDR4300v2|N750 Wireless Dual Band Gigabit Router
Message 4 of 4

All Replies
desertdad
Aspirant

I saw a post with a recommendation to use a different browser. I am a Chrome user and have never had a problem with accessing Netgear routers with Chrome, but I was ready to try anything.

The almost all good news: [I tried using IE11 and some of my concerns are solved.]

1. The mini-windows using the BASIC tab now show up.
  2. The MTU block now shows 1500.
  3. I can check for the latest firmware and get a response. I'm at the latest.
  4. Services work on all downstream devices, both ethernet and wireles.
  5. I still get the 'REBOOT' button in the Router Information block. So that is still a problem, but not a fatal problem for now.
Message 2 of 4
antinode
Guru

> 5. I still get the 'REBOOT' button in the Router Information block. So
> that is still a problem, but not a fatal problem for now.

Why is that a problem?  On my D7000[v1] (V1.0.1.74_1.0.1) it's
"Reboot", but it's there.  Who/what does _not_ have one?

Message 3 of 4
desertdad
Aspirant

If I hadn't been switching routers I'm not sure I would have seen this symptom. I have had five or six Netgear routers in the past and always got to the login page by entering 192.168.1.1 directly into the Chrome Search bar and it always worked OK. The new [to me] specifics are that if I enter 192.168.1.1 directly in to the Search bar, I get to the login page and get presented with the Netgear home page, I do not get the windows on the right side of the BASIC page. There are other page display problems, but that is probably the most startling. It happens even if I use http://192.168.1.1.

If I enter www.routerlogin.net in the Search window, I get to what appears to be the same login page and then get presented with a BASIC page with all the small windows on the right side of the page. The other display problems go away as well [BTU size, etc].

I am on a Windows 8.1[64 bit] desktop. I am using Chrome 80.0.3987.122 [64 bit].

Maybe everybody else has experienced this but it was a new one to me.

I really don't care about the REBOOT button, since I never boot my routers from there anyway. My memory is probably playing tricks on me since I do not remember seeing it before.

Model: WNDR4300v2|N750 Wireless Dual Band Gigabit Router
Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7