Highlighted
Follower

WNDR4500 (N900)How to Remove Access to someone using my router

Hello,

My children somehow accessed my password Smiley Sad to my router and have given themselves access to it. One of my children has set up to wirelessly connect via her ipod. I have changed the password, Smiley Happy but am concerned that she will outsmart me again. How can I permanently block her access to the wireless and wired modem? WNDR4500 (N900)

I looked through the manual and there is supposed to be an "Advanced" tab on the Netgear window. My window does not have this "Advanced" tab. Page 81 in the User manual.

:confused:

Thanks!
Message 1 of 4
Highlighted
Virtuoso

Re: WNDR4500 (N900)How to Remove Access to someone using my router

Here is an issues with it.

Router can simply reset by among user and can gain access even you have changed the router password.

So in order to make the network most secure not only you would require to change the router password to be very unique but also the router itself must be in locked up as well.

Some older non Netgear Genie router interface may have different look but still issues would not resolve by other feature of the router settings

Router has "card access list" that will allow the accessibility of the router for wifi connectivity but that will help so that you can ONLY assign wifi devices to connect on top of your encryption.
VPN Case Study

VPNCASESTUDY.COM

"Our Second To None VPN Related Setup Case Study[/COLOR][/URL]

"One Stop Solution To Your Netgear VPN Connectivity"

*Visit the site for Non-VPN related Doc & Links* [Windows & Mac user/support]

June Mizoguchi-
Message 2 of 4
Highlighted
Mentor

In a nutshell - you can't.

Anyone with access to either interface, which will be required if they are to have internet access, will be allowed access to the admin web page login - your only option is a strong password.

If it is your intent to deny internet access than you must do so by physically securing the router (lock it away) and set a secure WiFi encryption key.

Give a man a fish, feed him for a day
Teach a man to fish, feed him for life.
Message 3 of 4
Highlighted
Luminary

And, after the router is locked away, get a UPS for the router's power wart and put a lock on your circuit breaker box.
_____
WNDR3700v1 (v1.0.7.98NA) - Router uptime (d:h:m:s): 1155:02:31:46 - How To Check and Change Your Router's Firmware: http://forum1.netgear.com/showthread.php?t=63234
Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements