× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

WNDR4500v3

Tailcone
Aspirant

WNDR4500v3

WILL NETGEAR EVER BRING BACK THE WNDR4500. A GREAT ROUTER AT A FAIR PRICE.

CONTACT ME AT......RFRANCHI@COMCAST.NET

Model: WNDR4500v2|N900 Wireless Dual Band Gigabit Router
Message 1 of 2

Accepted Solutions
plemans
Guru

Re: WNDR4500v3

This is the community forum where members of the public help others. Might not get much response from netgear. Sorry

The wndr4500 was a solid N900 router when it was released. That was quite a while ago. We've advanced from wireless N to wireless AC and now wireless AX. 

At a certain point a company has to stop making older devices to support the newer devices. The N900 is 3 wireless generations out of date and roughly 8 years old as I think it was originally manufactured in 2011.

I'd read some reviews on the newer devices or even last generations devices to see what solid router you can find and appreciate anew. 

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 2

All Replies
plemans
Guru

Re: WNDR4500v3

This is the community forum where members of the public help others. Might not get much response from netgear. Sorry

The wndr4500 was a solid N900 router when it was released. That was quite a while ago. We've advanced from wireless N to wireless AC and now wireless AX. 

At a certain point a company has to stop making older devices to support the newer devices. The N900 is 3 wireless generations out of date and roughly 8 years old as I think it was originally manufactured in 2011.

I'd read some reviews on the newer devices or even last generations devices to see what solid router you can find and appreciate anew. 

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7