× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

WNDRMAC router no longer connects on 2.4Ghz network

klamation
Aspirant

WNDRMAC router no longer connects on 2.4Ghz network

I'm probably grasping at straws here, but does anyone have any ideas for a WNDRMAC router that is missing its 2.4GHz network?  It was working fine just a few days ago, and then none of my devices can see or connect on the 2.4GHz wireless connection.  I've gone as far as factory-defaulting the system, checked all the settings, but nothing.

Message 1 of 8

Accepted Solutions
klamation
Aspirant

Re: WNDRMAC router no longer connects on 2.4Ghz network

Hi ElaineM, thanks for the links.  I downloaded and re-installed the firmware, and the 2.4GHz network still does not show up.  I even went into the Advanced Setup > Wireless Settings, and tried disabling both the 2.4GHz and 5GHz Wireless Router Radios, and notice the 5GHz is still broadcasting its SSID, so I disabled both SSIDs, then re-enabled the radios and SSIDs.  No luck in this.

The strange thing is, the router thinks the wireless is working properly.  So, the problem really is faulty hardware.  I guess I'm out of luck?

View solution in original post

Message 5 of 8

All Replies
ElaineM
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Do you still have the wireless LED on?

Did try to re-flash the firmware of the router?

Message 2 of 8
klamation
Aspirant

Hi ElianeM!  Thanks for your response and, valid questions.  Yes, the Wireless LED, the little icon that looks like ((o)) is on, glowing blue.  The 5GHz network is visible, but the regular one is not.

I have not tried re-flashing the firmware.  It's a valid suggestion, but currently the downloadcenter.netgear.com site is offline.  The most I have tried to do is reset the router to factory defaults, and have played around with some of the wireless settings, but it doesn't seem to make a difference.

Message 3 of 8
ElaineM
NETGEAR Employee Retired

It can be considered faulty hardware if re-flashing did not work.

Normally, factory reset should correct this but then just to exhaust all possible solution hence, I suggested firmware re-flash.

If you happen to have version 1, click here.

For version 2, see this page.

Message 4 of 8
klamation
Aspirant

Hi ElaineM, thanks for the links.  I downloaded and re-installed the firmware, and the 2.4GHz network still does not show up.  I even went into the Advanced Setup > Wireless Settings, and tried disabling both the 2.4GHz and 5GHz Wireless Router Radios, and notice the 5GHz is still broadcasting its SSID, so I disabled both SSIDs, then re-enabled the radios and SSIDs.  No luck in this.

The strange thing is, the router thinks the wireless is working properly.  So, the problem really is faulty hardware.  I guess I'm out of luck?

Message 5 of 8
ElaineM
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Therefore, that's a faulty hardware.

Time to get a new one.

Message 6 of 8
klamation
Aspirant

Thanks, ElaineM. Not the answer I wanted to here, but not surprising either.

Message 7 of 8
ElaineM
NETGEAR Employee Retired

You're welcome!

Message 8 of 8
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 7 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements