× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: WNR1000 v3 Reset and log in problem

Aendil
Aspirant

WNR1000 v3 Reset and log in problem

Hello guys! 

Little help here? I reset my router (7 seconds with the reset button), went dark, and reset. 

With the browser on computer hooked up by cable and wifi off, I was able to open the genie start page and navigate past the "let genie help" or "set up manually". I chose let genie help and next page confirmed the password.

Entering on 192.168.1.1 admin for ID and the password, or the website routerlogin.net does nothing. Just the window for ID and password pop up again and I can't log in setting at all. 

Tried with the Genie phone app that was working before the reset, no connection to settings either. 

What's the next step? 

Model: WNR1000v1|Wireless- N Router
Message 1 of 7

Accepted Solutions
Aendil
Aspirant

Called support who said hte password after reset is just "password" and not my default one when originally set up

Tried it and it worked. I am back in business! 

View solution in original post

Message 6 of 7

All Replies
plemans
Guru

Stick it in a box and upgrade? A little bit of a joke. its an old N150 router from 2009. You'd see a significant improvement by upgrading to a newer router (unless you're on dialup or slow dsl). 

Try the factory reset again, it sounds almost like it didn't fully reset which is why its asking for ID password again. Make sure its powered on and pushe reset for 7-15 seconds. 

Have you tried a different pc/laptop or even a different browser? Its a pretty old device

Message 2 of 7
Aendil
Aspirant

I tried all of this. I still can't access it, using different laptop, different connectivity, cable or wify, password doesn't work and the reply is NETGEAR40 WNR1000v3. Nothing else, no wrong password, no nothing. 

Message 3 of 7
plemans
Guru

Make sure you laptop/desktop is plugged into the lan port. not the wan port. 

also try changing cables. 

Is the wifi broadcasting? 

Message 4 of 7
Aendil
Aspirant

Correct, and I tried different ports - 1 through 4 with the same result. 

It is broadcasting and the genie default setup after reset seems to be able to get it going. 

However, it gets stuck if I select "set up manually" at the log in credentials. Choosing the default "would you like genie to help with setup" completes it, but again, no access after that. 

All other ports work too after that step, just no possiblity to log in as admin and change settings. 

Message 5 of 7
Aendil
Aspirant

Called support who said hte password after reset is just "password" and not my default one when originally set up

Tried it and it worked. I am back in business! 

Message 6 of 7
plemans
Guru

Sorry, didn't realize you weren't using the default login. My bad 

Message 7 of 7
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements