mbirdforum
Aspirant

WNR1000v3 limited wired speed

My WNR1000v3 limits my wired LAN download speed to 70 Mb. This just started and is consistent. If I bypass the router I see I get 118 Mb from the cable modem so I know its not the cable, modem, my net card, etc..

I tried the following but no change:

-power cycle the router

-factory reset the router (Revert to factory default settings)

-downgrade the router firmware (I since put it back to latest)

-check Show Statistics: WAN 100M/Full, LAN4 100M/Full, No collisions anywhere.

Any ideas greatly appretiated!

Thank you!

Model: WNR1000v3|Wireless Router
Message 1 of 7
TaterSalid
Virtuoso

Re: WNR1000v3 limited wired speed

What speeds were you getting? Your router can approach 100Mbps but not any faster.
Message 2 of 7
mbirdforum
Aspirant

I used to always get high 90's but now limited to high 60's up to 70Mb max. This just started a few days ago and is consistent now.

Model: WNR1000v3|Wireless Router
Message 3 of 7
TaterSalid
Virtuoso

I had an issue in the Fall with slow Ethernet. It was incompatibility between one of my PCs and the router. I didn’t solve the problem but found a work around. I have seen many posts on this recently. You can search my posts and read about it.

It may be time to upgrade to a Gbit router.
Message 4 of 7
mbirdforum
Aspirant

I don't think it's a compatability issue as I got high 90's for all last year. And the problem exists on my desktop and my laptop when they are wired.

>It may be time to upgrade to a Gbit router.

Yes -- maybe its time -- my router is about ten years old Smiley Happy

Thank you!

Message 5 of 7
TaterSalid
Virtuoso

My pleasure.

Message 6 of 7

@mbirdforum wrote:

My WNR1000v3 limits my wired LAN download speed to 70 Mb. This just started and is consistent. If I bypass the router I see I get 118 Mb from the cable modem so I know its not the cable, modem, my net card, etc..

This device first appeared in 2010.  Back then LAN and WAN support was only 10BASE-T or 100BASE-TX, slower than your internet service and most modern network hardware. It also slows down whatever is going on in your local network. Newer devices support 1000BASE-TX.

Remember, 100 Mbps is the theoretical maximum. It will be less than that when you have other things going on.

No 5GHz wifi either.

Let's hope your modem has LAN support at 1000BASE-TX. 

Just another user.

My network DM200 -> R7800 -> GS316 -> PL1000 -> Orbi RBR40 -> Orbi RBS50Y -> RBS40V
Message 7 of 7
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 4 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements