mc_ryann
Novice

WNR1000v3 wireless Problem after FW update

Yah another WNR1000v3 wireless problem story after firmware V1.0.2.42_55.0.77 update.

To make my story short.

After V1.0.2.42_55.0.77 update, my wireless connectivity went really bad.
every 30min to 1hr ( not that accurate thou) my wireless drops, and to restore it router need to be rebooted manually.

Its been 2 weeks already.

Cannot revert back to previews firmware. it wont let me. i also lost the cd. i read that using restore firmware on cd would do the downgrade.

Talk to online chat support but did not work. ( change Fragmentation Length and CTS/RTS Threshold to 2304 )

reset 60 seconds, 30, 10 ........

And as of this time only firmware V1.0.2.42_55.0.77 is available.

I am patiently waiting when netgear people will release a fix on this. ( or i will return this piece of crakljsldfkjpojnm and replace it with a new one with an older firmware.

Do they monitor this forum? a lot of this exact same problem here.
or at least release a older firmware that can be use on V1.0.2.42_55.0.77 to downgrade. hay nako.
Message 1 of 24
mc_ryann
Novice

Re: WNR1000v3 wireless Problem after FW update

in addition. My laptop , desktop and ps3 both lost there conectivity at the same time.

I use firefox 9.0.1 when upgrading or trying to downgrade.
Message 2 of 24
jmizoguchi
Virtuoso

Forum is user to user ONLY

You should use ANY firmware within your model V#

HARD RESET is need it after flashing fimrware.
VPN Case Study

VPNCASESTUDY.COM

"Our Second To None VPN Related Setup Case Study[/COLOR][/URL]

"One Stop Solution To Your Netgear VPN Connectivity"

*Visit the site for Non-VPN related Doc & Links* [Windows & Mac user/support]

June Mizoguchi-
Message 3 of 24
jlsoh
Novice

Just got my router - it was on sale and I figured a new N-Router would offer better coverage (it has) and more speed (TBD) and consistent connection (it hasn't) than my old router. I can't relate my experience out of the box with the older OS - I did the upgrade immediately after configuring the router. The upgrade went well, but I have consistently had two issues:

- DNS loses it's "mind" - forcing me to release/renew on the WAN side. I have the same DNS Servers as I did before the R&R, so it isn't like they went offline. I have all the same devices as before - and never had that problem on my older Lynksys. Why???

- WiFi drop-outs - again same 'stuff in the house as before with zero Linksys dropouts. I an watch the dropouts occur on my wireless devices.

Are there known issues and fixes pending - or do I have a lemon devices or product? Had I got this in a store vs. mail order, I would have returned it by now... VERY disappointed.
Message 4 of 24
sabretooth
Apprentice

Again, after all firmware updates you are to hard reset the router for 30 seconds and release. Power cycle the router and now reconfigure it back manually using no backup files. Was this done?
Message 5 of 24
mc_ryann
Novice

jmizoguchi wrote:
Forum is user to user ONLY

You should use ANY firmware within your model V#

HARD RESET is need it after flashing fimrware.

Thanks you.

The problem is i can not or it wont let me flush older firmware than V1.0.2.42_55.0.77.
I think V1.0.2.42_55.0.77. disable the ability to let you use older firmware which doesn't have any problem before.

An yes i did that hard reset a lot of times on your sig, but did not fix the problem.
Message 6 of 24
mc_ryann
Novice

sabretooth wrote:
Again, after all firmware updates you are to hard reset the router for 30 seconds and release. Power cycle the router and now reconfigure it back manually using no backup files. Was this done?

Thank you

Yes i did all the reset methods. like the 30 sec reset button push. the 1min reset ( 20, 20, 20 sec ) and the mickey mouse reset... Smiley Happy

and a power cycle.
Message 7 of 24
mc_ryann
Novice

still waiting for a fix
Message 8 of 24
nitekrawler
Novice

I too have begun experiencing this issue of lost wireless connectivity (wired is fine) randomly.

I have even gone through and switched from Auto mode to go through all of the channels. It seems that I still experience the same issue regardless of channel, wifi security settings, and placement of router.

Again, this only begun AFTER updating to the latest firmware.

We need a fix for this asap! I had to revert back to my old TrendNet router (G Wireless) and it runs much more stable than this Netgear with latest firmware; however, I want the netgear back as it provided much better throughput.

Thanks!
Message 9 of 24
mc_ryann
Novice

We need a fix for this asap
Message 10 of 24
twister2k33
Novice

I think the silence from Netgear on this issue tells us just how soon we should see a fix.
Go with another vendor (linksys, d-link, etc) that has better support. Frankly I'm appalled at Netgear's lack of support for such an obvious firmware bug.
Message 11 of 24
TellyRnu
Novice

Yes, now I see what I should have checked out before updating the firmware in my router yesterday. Good news...it wasn't something I had screwed up. Bad news...it may be a long time before the fix is available. Also, why would I want to be one of the ones to 'test' it out?

This ain't a game, folks. When the feeling of security is gone regarding a piece of equipment that is used in filing taxes, paying bills, etc., it's not regained with a simple patch. What is wrong with the folks at NetGear?

Only answer for now is to disconnect the router, bypass it to the modem, and rely on installed security software--which is dependable. I will continue to check the NetGear site for a solution, but for now I'll just table it. I don't desire to be a 'tester' for them--unless I'm paid for it.

Now, if anyone knows how to reset the router to its original state, please reply with the answer. Thanks.
Message 12 of 24
nhely
Novice

have the same problem here,Netgear WNR1000V3 N150 Wireless Router Firmware 1.0.2.26 updated to 1.0.2.42..any fix guys???Smiley Sad
Message 13 of 24
budzman
Novice

Same problem here with terrible wifi after the firmware update. No problems with this router for months till the update to 42.

Hard resets have been done and all the basic troubleshooting.

I have the cd with the firmware recovery but when I run it all I get is it telling me nothing is wrong with the router and that I will not continue. Is there anyway to force it to do the recovery?

It also errors when you try to do the 28 firmware off the website.

Ready to throw this in the trash and never ever touch another Netgear product.
Message 14 of 24
jlsoh
Novice

sabretooth wrote:
Yes - I followed instructions, I even did the reset/reconfig process again - with no improvement. I have two major issues - and they are the same as many other posts:
- Wireless randomly drops out
- Connection to WAN/Cable Modem loses connection.

I have no issues with my Linksys, but I wanted greater coverage and a "guest" network that this device was supposed to provide. I thought stability and function would be a given. I appear to be sorely mistaken. I will be attempting to return...
Message 15 of 24
wanderaround
Novice

+1 on this issue. internet drops intermittently after the upgrade.
Using LN150 router.
No CD included, so no way to downgrade.
Message 16 of 24
mc_ryann
Novice

Its about a month now. Still no new firmware fix yet. come on ........:mad:
Message 17 of 24
jmizoguchi
Virtuoso

mc_ryann wrote:
Its about a month now. Still no new firmware fix yet. come on ........:mad:

Usually firmware are released quarterly basis as good measurement unless supports makes public beta which are sometime released to each user upon request when available. Otherwise continue to check with support on updated information
VPN Case Study

VPNCASESTUDY.COM

June Mizoguchi-
Message 18 of 24
mc_ryann
Novice

jmizoguchi wrote:
Usually firmware are released quarterly basis as good measurement unless supports makes public beta which are sometime released to each user upon request when available. Otherwise continue to check with support on updated information

Thank you sir.

And please do include me on that beta list if ever there are private or public FW betas in the future.
Message 19 of 24
jmizoguchi
Virtuoso

I'm not Netgear related. You have to contact support to communicate via portal using my.netgear.com
VPN Case Study

VPNCASESTUDY.COM

June Mizoguchi-
Message 20 of 24
mc_ryann
Novice

Oh I just fond out that they just release an old firmware that is "engineered or modified" that will allow you to downgrade to Version 1.0.2.28.

Found it on there WNR1000v3 N150 Wireless Router support page

http://support.netgear.com/app/products/model/a_id/12591

Im currently testing it.

At Last.
Message 21 of 24
mc_ryann
Novice

It seems to be fine now.

I did not realize that netgear emailed me yesterday about the firmware rollback.

good job
Message 22 of 24
blue92ehsi
Aspirant

The same thing happens on my WNR2000v3, anyone have the rollback for the 2000?
Message 23 of 24
robschlein
Aspirant

I phoned support to learn that the firmware is defective. They had me download WNR1000v3-V1.0.2.28_52.0.60NA.chk and do an "update", and acknowledge we were downgrading at the prompts.

The old fashioned layout comes up. We will know by tomorrow if this is helpful, but the tech confirmed there is an issue in the latest update.

Hope this helps.
Message 24 of 24
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 23 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 12 in conversation
Announcements