WNR2000V3 Login Access Denied

ifdinc
Aspirant

WNR2000V3 Login Access Denied

I have an WNR2000V3 setup and running in my office. I needed to tweak some items so I tried to login with routerlogin.com. It came back with error 401 saying my credentials were not correct (even though it didn't ask for any credentials.) I did a hard reset. I get the same error. It worked fine when I first got the router out of the box...but not now.

I'm stumped. How do I get back into the router to modify settings? I tried the Netgear Genie download - while it got in, the advanced settings were not available.
Message 1 of 10
sabretooth
Apprentice

Re: WNR2000V3 Login Access Denied

Message 2 of 10
ifdinc
Aspirant

No luck. Also tried the IP address. All give the same error.
Message 3 of 10
sabretooth
Apprentice

Hard reset again but pressing and holding the pinhole for 30 seconds then release. Wait 10 seconds and power cycle the router. Now try.
Message 4 of 10
dpetta
Aspirant

I am having the same problem where the hard reset and return to the default username/password of admin/password is not being recognized when I try to log in to the router.

When I first installed, I could access the router but after installing the latest firmware upgrade I no longer can log in. I am running Windows 7.

Please let me know if you have seen something similar and have any suggestion on how I can get back in.
Message 5 of 10
jmizoguchi
Virtuoso

dpetta wrote:
I am having the same problem where the hard reset and return to the default username/password of admin/password is not being recognized when I try to log in to the router.

When I first installed, I could access the router but after installing the latest firmware upgrade I no longer can log in. I am running Windows 7.

Please let me know if you have seen something similar and have any suggestion on how I can get back in.

see router reset on my sig below and try again
VPN Case Study

VPNCASESTUDY.COM

"Our Second To None VPN Related Setup Case Study[/COLOR][/URL]

"One Stop Solution To Your Netgear VPN Connectivity"

*Visit the site for Non-VPN related Doc & Links* [Windows & Mac user/support]

June Mizoguchi-
Message 6 of 10
dpetta
Aspirant

That worked!

I think the difference was previously I had the Netgear installation CD in my CD drive and it was going directly to the setup procedure after resetting/rebooting the router. For anyone having a similar problem, make sure that the CD has been removed.

Thanks for the help!
Message 7 of 10
jmizoguchi
Virtuoso

CD is quite useless as all router has router GUI to setup so makes less complicated to have on hand.....Smiley Happy

Enjoy
VPN Case Study

VPNCASESTUDY.COM

June Mizoguchi-
Message 8 of 10
NMK
Initiate
Initiate

I am havig the same problem. Have reset multiple times and follwed your reset instructions... any ideas????
Message 9 of 10
jmizoguchi
Virtuoso

NMK wrote:
I am havig the same problem. Have reset multiple times and follwed your reset instructions... any ideas????

make sure to look router setup on my sig below and setup is done correctly.
VPN Case Study

VPNCASESTUDY.COM

June Mizoguchi-
Message 10 of 10
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 9 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 5 in conversation