Highlighted
Aspirant

WNR2000v3 Date/Time in AP mode after power loss

It seems that when the WNR2000v3 is in access point mode and loses power, when the power comes back, it's unable to synchronize the date/time and defaults to December 31, 1999. The only way that I've found to fix this is to turn off AP mode, let it sync with the NTP servers that the router uses and then switch it back to AP mode. This seems like a firmware issue rather than a hardware one. Has anyone else experienced this? Has anyone found a more convenient solution?
Message 1 of 4
Highlighted
Virtuoso

Re: WNR2000v3 Date/Time in AP mode after power loss

In AP mode it disable all the WAN function that all the NTP server, forwarding was bounded in WAN configuration that the reason you see it by disable AP mode can let it sync.

While in AP mode it should not matter because all the traffic etc is handle in main DHCP server/router.
VPN Case Study

VPNCASESTUDY.COM

"Our Second To None VPN Related Setup Case Study[/COLOR][/URL]

"One Stop Solution To Your Netgear VPN Connectivity"

*Visit the site for Non-VPN related Doc & Links* [Windows & Mac user/support]

June Mizoguchi-
Message 2 of 4
Highlighted
Aspirant

The problem is that this is affecting authentication. It's probably that the devices that I'm trying to connect with don't trust 12 year old handshake requests, which seems perfectly reasonable. Are my options really a) grin and bear it, b) return my router and exchange it for a model that doesn't have this problem or c) void the warranty by installing third-party firmware? As long as I don't start losing power frequently option a is still probably easiest for now.
Message 3 of 4
Highlighted
Virtuoso

likely issues i using old legacy wifi products
VPN Case Study

VPNCASESTUDY.COM

"Our Second To None VPN Related Setup Case Study[/COLOR][/URL]

"One Stop Solution To Your Netgear VPN Connectivity"

*Visit the site for Non-VPN related Doc & Links* [Windows & Mac user/support]

June Mizoguchi-
Message 4 of 4