× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: WNR2000v3 periodically losing wireless connection to Apple Airport Express

roymail
Aspirant

WNR2000v3 periodically losing wireless connection to Apple Airport Express

I have a wireless connection to Apple Airport Express from my laptop via Netgear router WNR2000v3 used for streaming music.  While connected to the internet music website, Spotify, I can play music without issue.  The connection is solid while playing music.  However, after closing the Spotify website, occasionally the wireless connection with Airport Express will somehow be lost and requires that I reconnect through my Netgear router.  Once done, the wireless connection is reestabished and all is well.  This happens frequently enough to be very annoying.  I changed from Auto to Channel 11 which resulted in some improvement, but it still happens every day or two.  Any suggestions would be much appreciated.

Message 1 of 6

Accepted Solutions
roymail
Aspirant

I don't use my iphone with Airplay.  I'd rather use the Spotify app to listen with some good earphones (not ear buds).  As far as your suggestion about using another pc, I only have the one laptop.

For the past two days, I've experienced no issues.  But when it happens again, I will just reset the router rather than restart my pc.

Thanks for your advice and suggestions.

View solution in original post

Message 5 of 6

All Replies
ElaineM
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Welcome to the community, @roymail

Are there any other wireless devices that are having similar issues?

Will it disconnect as well if you use a smartphone?

Will you get the same result if you connect to a different wireless connection?

Try to isolate further whether if it's the router or the Apple Airport Express.

Message 2 of 6
roymail
Aspirant

No other devices using the Airport Express.  The only way to reestablish the connection once lost, is the reboot the laptop pc.  Connection made either way, reboot computer or Netgear router.  Once connection is made, it never drops during use playing music.  Problem happens occasionally while not in use.  This morning the connection was still available.  Most of time, all is well.  It's a periodic happening.  I'd rather reboot my Netgear router rather than restart my laptop when it occurs.  It's a strange anomaly.  Thanks for weighing in to my issue.

Message 3 of 6
ElaineM
NETGEAR Employee Retired

You're welcome.

Did you figure it out whether if it's a router or an Airport Express problem?

Try to further isolate by using a different computer or use a smartphone.

Let us know if the same thing will happen.

Message 4 of 6
roymail
Aspirant

I don't use my iphone with Airplay.  I'd rather use the Spotify app to listen with some good earphones (not ear buds).  As far as your suggestion about using another pc, I only have the one laptop.

For the past two days, I've experienced no issues.  But when it happens again, I will just reset the router rather than restart my pc.

Thanks for your advice and suggestions.

Message 5 of 6
ElaineM
NETGEAR Employee Retired

You're welcome.

Feel free to reach us anytime.

Have a great day!

Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies