× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: WNR2000v5 Firmware Version 1.0.0.34 doesn't install

DVE44
Aspirant

WNR2000v5 Firmware Version 1.0.0.34 doesn't install

WNR2000v5-V1.0.0.34.img downloaded from NetGear Support on 2015-09-22 failed to install.  I am currently using v 1.0.0.28. 

As an aside, checking for new firmware from the GUI, reports "No new firmware version available."

Message 1 of 10

Accepted Solutions
DVE44
Aspirant

Thank you for your response.

As per RonO, Genie also reported "No new firmware version available," when I checked for new firmware. I'm currently using v. 1.0.0.28. I again downloaded the zipped firmware from support using a different browser and tried to install the .img file using the same browser (Microsoft Edge, which replaced IE in Win 10).  I previously used FireFox. Still it would not update.

BUT -- resetting the router did the trick. My router is now the proud owner of v 1.0.0.34! 🙂

Thank you for your suggestions!
DVE44

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 10

All Replies
ElaineM
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi @DVE44,

Welcome to the community!

Did you try to use a different web browser? Also, try to re-download the firmware just to be sure that it was not corrupted.

If you can't still install, try to reset the router by using a paperclip to poke the reset button for 10 seconds.

Resetting will erase all the settings, therefore you will have to reconfigure the router.

Let us know what happens.

Message 2 of 10
RonO
Aspirant

I have the same problem with ...34.  Also when I try to download it with the Genie it only offers ver ...28

Message 3 of 10
DVE44
Aspirant

Thank you for your response.

As per RonO, Genie also reported "No new firmware version available," when I checked for new firmware. I'm currently using v. 1.0.0.28. I again downloaded the zipped firmware from support using a different browser and tried to install the .img file using the same browser (Microsoft Edge, which replaced IE in Win 10).  I previously used FireFox. Still it would not update.

BUT -- resetting the router did the trick. My router is now the proud owner of v 1.0.0.34! 🙂

Thank you for your suggestions!
DVE44

Message 4 of 10
ElaineM
NETGEAR Employee Retired

@DVE44 Thanks for the update! Glad to hear that it's now upgraded.

@RonO Will forward that to the engineering. For now, I suggest that you manually download the firmware and install it from there.

Message 5 of 10
RonO
Aspirant

As DVE44 did, I manually downloaded, unzipped, and applied the ING file and it thought about it for a while and then failed with the same message DVE44 got.  I am not comfortable resetting the router, but if the Genie is not able to fetch 34 soon I will have to try it.  Do you have an idea of when that fix might be done?

Message 6 of 10
DVE44
Aspirant

Hi RonO,

I didn't reset my router by sticking an open paper clip in a reset hole, but just powered down the router. There's a black power button on the back of the router, below the power cable. Press it to turn off the power, wait 10-15 seconds, then press it again. Wait for the three LEDs on the front to turn green and try the install again.

I used to power down my router every day, but from a master switch which controlled power to all of my computer gizmos (a desktop, a printer, audio system, etc.) without a problem.

Good luck,
DVE44

Message 7 of 10
RonO
Aspirant

Hi DVE44,

Finally got around to trying your solution and I worked as you said!

Thank you very much for taking the time to stear me in the right direction.

Very much appreciated.

RonO

PS, Netgear, you could do a better job.

Message 8 of 10
RonO
Aspirant

xfireman wrote:

"Did your download show corrupter IMG Disc" in "Wireless N Routers"

No errors, no problems on my final try.  I used the IMG file that came with the zip downloaded more than a week ago.

RonO

Message 9 of 10
ElaineM
NETGEAR Employee Retired

The auto firmware update on Genie should now be working.

Thank you for reporting and your continued support.

Message 10 of 10
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 9 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7