× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

WNR3500 keeps dropping the connection in California

zoom3142
Aspirant

Re: WNR3500 keeps dropping the connection in California

Mostly ok, some sites have to be refreshed, seems to happen at random, nothing happening right now, I'm still not using a router.

Message 26 of 30
ElaineM
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: WNR3500 keeps dropping the connection in California

Is the connection from your ISP still intermittent?

Did you try reaching out to them?

Message 27 of 30
zoom3142
Aspirant

Re: WNR3500v1 keeps dropping the connection in California

Yes, I already did, as I'd mentioned earlier, so I'm waiting for new Netgear firmware for My WNR3500v1 router, as is everyone else on TWC with a Netgear router, though I won't wait forever and neither will others, buying a new Netgear router is not an option, since unless it was certified to work on TWC, I'd just as soon buy from someone else, if there was no new firmware coming.

Message 28 of 30
zoom3142
Aspirant

Re: WNR3500 keeps dropping the connection in California: Resolved

Ok I think this can be marked solved, I had a tech call Me from BC, He and I went thru the router and settled on changing the DNS settings, to Open DNS for the primary(208.67.222.220) and Google for the scondary(8.8.8.8), almost 2 hours have passed and I feel this is successful, no new firmware is needed, nor is for a good while a new router, probably not until this one breaks, I'm pretty sure this will be My last post in this thread,

Message 29 of 30
ElaineM
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: WNR3500 keeps dropping the connection in California: Resolved

Thanks for the update @zoom3142

Message 30 of 30
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 29 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements